Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The Great British M1

The molds have arrived and they look pretty good. They're off to The Wizard in a few days to have him work his magic on them.

We have a new model folks! 1:72 scale and this makes a .177bb the perfect weapon for the Big Gun! We need some input from the warship guys.

Does anyone know where we could get a 1:72 model biplane that could be launched from the deck?:D
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • herrmill
    Commander
    • Dec 2008

Good to hear, Mike. How much detail will you be offering on this new toy of yours or is it meant to be a combat sub?

Chuck
    Last edited by herrmill; 02-24-2009, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Chuck

It will be a basic hull, so far.

David is going to enhance the plug we pull from this mold. It should look pretty good when finished. It will also be capable of combat in the battleship games with a bb gun

Here are some photos

The last photo shows the M1 next to the Revell VII

At present, we have options on the castings as to where we make a cut line. We will probably not use the smaller upper hull as portrayed in the middle photo.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Kazzer; 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Albion
        Captain
        • Dec 2008

Where did the plans come from?

The M2 with the launch looked good, but that big gun Crack That WHip
        Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Mike,
          one thing I know about the BB guys here in OZ is that what ever shoots at them can expect a proportional level of fire - fair is fair.

Suffice to say there is no way I'd let my museum quality scale models near this crowd. Most ships here in the BB ranks look at home with what my three year old builds for craft - each to their own. Indeed why would you bother with scale appearance for something that gets the living daylights kicked out of it.

Its a great model and going to be even greater after David's hands have it.
          Its going to be very scale and therefore not a target I'd offer up to the BB boys.

J
          Last edited by Slats; 02-24-2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: I can't spel
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
            Commander
            • Dec 2008

Sounds good. Count me in if its going to be detailed better than a "3-year old's craft project." ;) Will the kit be only for the M1 only or also M2?

So when are you starting on that K class? ;)

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
              Sounds good. Count me in if its going to be detailed better than a "3-year old's craft project." ;) Will the kit be only for the M1 only or also M2?

So when are you starting on that K class? ;)
              I think it most certainly will be scaled to perfection.
              Hence me cringing at what the BB guys taking aim at will do.
              They don't do scale well, but they sure as **** do BB mechanisms with gusto!
              :D
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
              Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
                Commander
                • Dec 2008

Yes, I'm sure with Dave doing the work it will be nice.

I know what you mean by the BB warship gang since its meant for one thing - destruction. Still think a working electronic system would be great to see but who knows when (if) that ever sees the light of day. The guys I was working with are not yet in the market after 3 years of tinkering with their AFV systems. You'd think they're British or something... :D

Comment

• herrmill
                  Commander
                  • Dec 2008

Before anyone thinks I'm being too overly concerned about the kit detail, I'll let you know right now that I'm not interested in having Dave build it complete with the overstuffed chairs in the wardroom.

I'd hate to think of the poor ratings who had to pass by that club on their way back to their bunks at the end of a long shift.. Thumbs Down
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                    Mike,
                    one thing I know about the BB guys here in OZ is that what ever shoots at them can expect a proportional level of fire - fair is fair.

Suffice to say there is no way I'd let my museum quality scale models near this crowd. Most ships here in the BB ranks look at home with what my three year old builds for craft - each to their own. Indeed why would you bother with scale appearance for something that gets the living daylights kicked out of it.

Its a great model and going to be even greater after David's hands have it.
                    Its going to be very scale and therefore not a target I'd offer up to the BB boys.

J

But, the boat will be underwater most of the time. With an Up=periscope system you'll be able to see a ship pass by, and surface quickly, let off a couple of shots, then submerge! They won't stand a chance, like sitting ducks! Even if they fired, the bb's would lose their power as they struck the water! Me-thinks!

Comment

• toppack
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
                      But, the boat will be underwater most of the time. With an Up=periscope system you'll be able to see a ship pass by, and surface quickly, let off a couple of shots, then submerge! They won't stand a chance, like sitting ducks! Even if they fired, the bb's would lose their power as they struck the water! Me-thinks!
                      Sounds like Cheating! to me. :rolleyes:
                      Since they don't have any depth-charges to fight back.
                      'Chivalry is Dead' :D
                      Last edited by toppack; 02-25-2009, 12:16 PM.
                      Rick L.
                      --------------------------------------------
                      * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
                      Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Kazzer
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by toppack
                        Sounds like Cheating! to me. :rolleyes:
                        Since they don't have any depth-charges to fight back.
                        'Chivalry is Dead' :D

I was never a great fan of 'rules' in war. "Stand there in line men, while they mow you down", somehow doesn't sit well. Submarine warfare was and still is 'sneaky'. I like it!

Call it cheating if you like. Those warship guys have had the pond to themselves for too long!

Comment

• toppack
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Nov 2008

I hear ya, but I doubt the other ship owners will feel the same?
                          They'll be saying "Here comes that Sneaky-Brit again!" :D LOL :D
                          It may even escalate into them using hand-granades or something.
                          Before you know it everyone will be using Nukes! :D
                          Last edited by toppack; 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM.
                          Rick L.
                          --------------------------------------------
                          * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
                          Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Kazzer
                            • Aug 2008

Pond life will never be the same!

Comment

• Nuke Power
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

I still fully support this project! I cant wait to see what that troll does to it! My only concearn is that Mike is loading so many projects on him that he is gonna finally kill the man!

Comment

Working...