Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HvyCGN9
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2013

Yippee!! my fittings kit arrived today!! It got here in good time too! ordered 16th, shipped 17th at my door on the 24th!! wasn't expecting it to show for atleast 2 more weeks!!

All parts got here undamaged, big thumbs up for well packaged box, that cast prop is a nice bit of work !!

Now just need to find some time.....

Bruce

Comment

• HvyCGN9
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jan 2013

Was just doing some parts browsing for the Skipjack....can the foam and weight kit be bought without the lead?? Thereby saving on postage as it is currently $19.95 foam/wt kit + $44.95 (ish) cheapest post!!

Cheers Bruce

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

What are you actually asking for, just the foam? I did a check on shipping 8oz and one pound, both cost 44.95
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• HvyCGN9
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2013

yes I figured the postage price must be because of the weight of the ballast lead....Figured it would be cheaper to just get the molded foam & pink foam parts as I have plenty of lead, obviously they must use some other method to calculate postage on it then.

Cheers Bruce

Comment

• HvyCGN9
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jan 2013

Hmmm, did some test shopping with various items and the best way to buy the ballast/foam kit will be to buy it when I order the SD and ADF2...

It amazes me that we can get bits from UK/europe/asia for a fraction of the shipping cost of stuff coming from USA (thats ANY rc parts/kit seller in the USA not just from caswell)

Cheers Bruce

Comment

• alad61
              Commander
              • Jan 2012

I guess that depends on how you have it shipped. I have found that getting stuff from across the pond in the US to be pretty reasonable if you don't use express couriers and such as for postage from the UK i have found it a tad more than the US and Canada is just ridiculous. In fact I haven't bought a model kit from an aussie hobby store in years. If you want to same money then go to Bunnings and by a square of lead flashing then go to Clark rubber and get a meter of the closed cell foam at 10mm thick and you'll have enough for doing 4 plus boats from a Gato to the skipjack even taking waste cuts into account.
              Cheers,
              Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
              But to dream is a reality

Comment

Working...