1:100 Russian Typhoon kit - coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JHapprich
    Captain
    • Oct 2017

Hey Bob, you are doing a wonderful job reworking that old Kehrer Kit! I have their Alfa waiting for completion, which needs a lot of reshaping to catch the impression of the real boat, too. Keep up the good work! Jörg

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Keeping at it, but swamped with work. New job coming soon, hopefully, which will keep me at home another week per month (=25% more shop time!). Just scribing of the hull left and then off to molding. I just need the time... sigh.

Comment

• deepseadiver
        Commander
        • Aug 2008

Hi Bob
        I noticed you are working on another version of the typhoon after reading this article it sounds like engel is not communicating with customers replies . But i did get through to them telling me they are not stopping the typhoon kit . They seem to always answer my questions. Are you planning to build a bigger kit? Or about the same size as engels I'm just curious because if I build another typhoon I may buy your new kit when its completed.
        Jim A
        Last edited by deepseadiver; 11-26-2018, 06:12 PM.
        Put your mind to it. If there's a will there's a way!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Jim, the kit I have here is 1:100 scale. The same as Engel's, and based off of a now out-of-production kit out of Germany. Development has been suspended in favor of completing some customer builds and focusing on the Verne Nautilus kit as well as the upcoming 48" Disney Nautilus kit. Lots of pokers in the fire and not enough time to get it all done!

Comment

Working...