X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubICman
    Lieutenant
    • Jun 2022

That didn't take long

Wow, the concept for the Russian Arcturus was just showcased about 2 months ago. Someone was busy in the cad world! Looking forward to this one in the near future.
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by SubICman
    Wow, the concept for the Russian Arcturus was just showcased about 2 months ago. Someone was busy in the cad world! Looking forward to this one in the near future.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Arcturus Submarine.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	166121
    I sure would like to see some STL files pop up for 3D printing!! :-))

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Perhaps one should check my site...

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
        Perhaps one should check my site...
        Hi Bob,

I night have known!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ARCTURUS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	166125

It is currently being brought up for discussion as to why I need another Submarine and where are you going to put it!? Stay tuned! :-))

"IT"S A GO"

Rob
        Last edited by rwtdiver; 10-29-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• SubICman
          Lieutenant
          • Jun 2022

I did see it on the site and was commenting on how quick that was. Gonna do this one when I get through my current project.

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Rooskies. Patton was right.
            Last edited by Das Boot; 11-01-2022, 01:25 PM.
            Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Das Boot
              Rear Admiral
              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Hi Bob,

I night have known!

Click image for larger version Name:	ARCTURUS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	166125

It is currently being brought up for discussion as to why I need another Submarine and where are you going to put it!? Stay tuned! :-))

"IT"S A GO"

Rob
              Would like the see your latest boat in the water.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot
                Oh **** on the goddamn Russians. I wouldn’t build a boat about the Russian military now to save my life. You do know Putin is making threats to use nukes, right?
                And America has held a razor to the throats of our potential advisories for over half a century as well. It's called, 'balance'. And it's kept the peace (kind of).

Beware the potential adversary who's bought into the idea that virgins await his vaporized ass after mashing the 'launch' button; you know.... the kind of ******* who would drive a plane into a sky-scrapper. That guy. I fear that type much more than self-involved, Vodka-soaked Russian button pushers.

I love the look of the 'modern' Soviet/Russian boats. Specifically, those that saw birth at the Malachite Design Bureau. ALFA, VICTOR, AKULA. Love 'em!

David
                Former Button Pusher
                Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 10-29-2022, 10:33 PM.
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

And America has held a razor to the throats of our potential advisories for over half a century as well. It's called, 'balance'. And it's kept the peace (kind of).

Beware the potential adversary who's bought into the idea that virgins await his vaporized ass after mashing the 'launch' button; you know.... the kind of ******* who would drive a plane into a sky-scrapper. That guy. I fear that type much more than self-involved, Vodka-soaked Russian button pushers.

I love the look of the 'modern' Soviet/Russian boats. Specifically, those that saw birth at the Malachite Design Bureau. ALFA, VICTOR, AKULA. Love 'em!

David
                  Former Button Pusher
                  Casey,

I totally agree with David about the design and look of the "modern" Soviet/Russian boats. I have (2) Alfa boats built and the Borei, and I am looking forward to the Arcturus build!

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Feb 2019

Would like the see your latest boat in the water.
                    Casey,

If you are referring to the HMS Holland!

Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	166158Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 118.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	166159

The Holland has been in the water! One time testing the WTC and setting up the boat trim!

10-09-2022, 02:04 AM
                    Today I put the Holland 1 together and did a quick run in the pool just to see how everything was working and checking for any leaks in the WTC!

It all went very well. I am going to add an extension onto the bottom rudder in order to give it more surface area so I can improve on the turning radius. I may need to add two pieces of foam in the upper hull just to stabilize the boat a little more.

Check out the youtube above for more in the water!! And by-the-way, I do not recall seeing ANY of your boats in the water!!

Rob
                    Last edited by rwtdiver; 10-30-2022, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                      Welcome to my underwater realm!
                      • Aug 2009

Check out the youtube above for more in the water!! And by-the-way, I do not recall seeing ANY of your boats in the water!!

Rob
                      BURN! LOL Shots fired, but in the friendliest of manners, I'm sure...

Comment

• Das Boot
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Dec 2019

Casey,

If you are referring to the HMS Holland!

Click image for larger version Name:	HMS HOLLAND 116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	166158Click image for larger version Name:	HMS HOLLAND 118.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	166159

The Holland has been in the water! One time testing the WTC and setting up the boat trim!

10-09-2022, 02:04 AM
                        Today I put the Holland 1 together and did a quick run in the pool just to see how everything was working and checking for any leaks in the WTC!

It all went very well. I am going to add an extension onto the bottom rudder in order to give it more surface area so I can improve on the turning radius. I may need to add two pieces of foam in the upper hull just to stabilize the boat a little more.

Rob
                        Very nice! Can’t wait to see your paint choice. My boat in water. The rest of my boat pictures are in a box with the rest of the pictures from the 1980’s.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Das Boot; 10-30-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCSubGuy

BURN! LOL Shots fired, but in the friendliest of manners, I'm sure...
                          Casey,

I truly enjoy going back and forth with you, And always in the FRIENDLIEST OF MANNERS!!

There is no doubt in my mind that you have some really nice boats that actually go under water with full ballast systems, which I have yet to achieve! I know that you are a master builder.

Regards Casey. You are a good friend!

Rob

Comment

• Das Boot
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Dec 2019

Casey,

I truly enjoy going back and forth with you, And always in the FRIENDLIEST OF MANNERS!!

There is no doubt in my mind that you have some really nice boats that actually go under water with full ballast systems, which I have yet to achieve! I know that you are a master builder.

Regards Casey. You are a good friend!

Rob
                            I’m not a master at anything, except shooting. I have a room full of trophies and medals from contests, including first place in the police academy. You and many others here hold my sincere admiration on building rc subs. RC surface craft, I’m good at. Subs, meh. It’s all the prefabricated stuff I have trouble with. Lexan tubes, ballast systems, stuff like that. I can and have built kits from before 1982. Other than the electronics, which I can do blindfold, It’s the guts that I hate. PS, You a good friend too.
                            Last edited by Das Boot; 10-30-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Feb 2019

I’m not a master at anything, except shooting. I have a room full of trophies and medals from contests, including first place in the police academy. You and many others here hold my sincere admiration on building rc subs. RC surface craft, I’m good at. Subs, meh. It’s all the prefabricated stuff I have trouble with. Lexan tubes, ballast systems, stuff like that. I can and have built kits from before 1982. Other than the electronics, which I can do blindfold, It’s the guts that I hate. PS, You a good friend too.
                              WOW! A police academy marksman! Thats great Casey! Can I assume you became a police officer?

Rob

Comment

Working...