X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

HL Hunley 3D files soon available!

I just need to bundle the files and add some reference info to the zip file and we'll be ready to go.

I'll be creating a file overview and build video by early next week. In the meantime, here are the pics and vital stats!:

1/12 scale HL Hunley, optimized for conversion to RC operation. Great as a functional model or a static display!
    110cm long with a 12cm beam (about 43" long and 4.3" wide without the torpedo spars). Length with the spar is right at 68" or so.

This prototype is being built as a fully functional model using a 2.5" MSD. The build will also feature 2.4GHz control (Hunley didn't dive below periscope depth) and SNORT ballast. The radio antenna and the SNORT intake will be hidden in the snorkel tube intakes.

Really, all that's left prior to trimming is final cylinder testing. I'm really happy with how the hull turned out. It's a beautiful and unique model. I'm anxious to see how it performs in the water.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_100251.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	144984
    Attached Files
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Bob,

That is really a great looking Boat! I have 3 of your 3D printed boats now, and it looks like this will be number 4! I have the 2.5" SD that David gave to me, and the way it looks this could really be a good fit for that SD!?

I guess I will have to open up our bedroom #4 (if my wife will allow it. HA HA) Keep these great files coming!!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

Working...