• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

1/96 Russian Kilo kits now available!

Good morning, all!

I'm very happy to announce that the superb 1/96 scale SWM Kilo kits are now back in production and available for purchase either as standalone kits or as complete Starter Packages.

Dave Merriman did the work on the fittings and, like the USS Blueback model kit, the rear section comes completely pre-assembled with rudder, dive planes and control horns installed for you. This is a perfect beginner's kit, and assembly should be fast and exceptionally straightforward.

The kit is a great size and measures out at around 28" in length and with a 4" beam.

I've got five kits in stock and ready to go. As always, if you have any questions, hit me up at sales@nautilusdrydocks.com!

Bob
    Attached Files
    Exceptional scale models, accessories and RC components with a focus on military, sci-fi and fantasy submarines.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

You know, I'm not sure that there are words for this. I am in awe of the detail and the precision and the bloody minded persistance that is required to produce these things. Having had a bit of a go at doing this I realize that I will never get to this level. Its like looking at ballet and wishing that you could dance - you can stumble around in a tutu, but you can't ****ing dance! I hope that you will continue to do this for a long, long time and I feel priviledged to have watched while you did it.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
                You know, I'm not sure that there are words for this. I am in awe of the detail and the precision and the bloody minded persistance that is required to produce these things. Having had a bit of a go at doing this I realize that I will never get to this level. Its like looking at ballet and wishing that you could dance - you can stumble around in a tutu, but you can't ****ing dance! I hope that you will continue to do this for a long, long time and I feel priviledged to have watched while you did it.
                Scott, coming from you, an accomplished scratch model-builder yourself, your words mean more to me than anything else I've read in the last couple of years. They are most comforting to these old ears.

We're all (those of us of accomplishment) nearer to our deaths than our births -- can't do much about that; some of us won life's lottery and have good genes and have adopted reasonable health habits and we can stretch things out. And some of us have run our bodies like they are ****ing rental-cars. No matter how long/short we have, as we approach the end and that celestial dirt-nap, the one big question facing us is: did I make a difference?

I've secured my spot on the Record. So have you, Scott. On many fronts. So, pal, again, thanks for the nice words. Much appreciated.

Enough of this touchy-feely bull-****! ..….. get back to work!

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2015

Fantastic work David.

Grtz,
                  Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                  "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bwi 971
                    Fantastic work David.

Grtz,
                    Bart

And the sentiments I expressed below to Scott -- they apply to you equally, Bart. Lets keep these balls in the air as long as we can. These are the 'good' years.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

David,
                      I am truly in awe of your work. I scan your photos to glean what I can (I do wish you would throw in a sentence or two), but most of the time I get what you are doing. In fairness, if I ever had a question, you are quick to answer. I need to get over my fear factor and try to make a hull myself, Bart, Scott, and Dave you guys inspire me. It is like that constant poking (not a bad thing) every time I see what you guys are doing.
                      Thank you all. It is a joy to learn from you.
                      Peace
                      Tom
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                        David,
                        I am truly in awe of your work. I scan your photos to glean what I can (I do wish you would throw in a sentence or two), but most of the time I get what you are doing. In fairness, if I ever had a question, you are quick to answer. I need to get over my fear factor and try to make a hull myself, Bart, Scott, and Dave you guys inspire me. It is like that constant poking (not a bad thing) every time I see what you guys are doing.
                        Thank you all. It is a joy to learn from you.
                        Peace
                        Tom
                        Thanks, Tom. You're being too modest -- you have considerable skills under your belt, no reason not to scratch-build a hull.

As you know, here you will find plenty of push (and kicking, clawing, smack-talk, cursing and the like), so there will be no problem keeping you on track.

OK then. Talking parts over. Build something already.

David
                        The Horrible
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

Keep it simple and small(ish). How about a 1/32 Holland SS-1, or a Plunger/Adder class. Lots of fun to model but not too much fussy detail or nasty undercuts, plus no scribing (yahoo) and they handle beautifully with large control surfaces in the prop wash and low aspect hull shape. Or perhaps a Fenian Ram, to the best of my knowledge no-one has modelled this historic craft, and the original is in a museum for reference.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2015

That camera works like a charm....nice footage well done.

Grtz,
                              Bart
                              Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                              "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

Working...