X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Shipping delay - illness in the family

I'm very sorry to have to say that I actually leave for Victoria, Canada on Monday, June 26th in the early AM. My father-in-law has been battling lymphoma and is, unfortunately, losing the battle. He has been given a short time with us. We're heading up to be with him and my wife's side of the family.

As such, I'll be out of town for an extended period of time. I'll still accept orders, but will be unable to ship until I return, sometime in the middle to end of July.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and understanding.

Bob, Renee and Logan.
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Bob,
    I am sorry to hear this. My hope and prayer is that you and your family will be surrounded by a peace that goes beyond understanding.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
      Captain
      • Sep 2014

Bob and family, thoughts and prayers to you all.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

I'm happy to say that I got home late Friday night and spent the entire weekend fulfilling over 35 outstanding orders for my incredibly patient and understanding customers!

It was a much longer ordeal than we'd originally planned for. My father-in-law slipped quickly and I'm sorry to say that he finally succumbed to the cancer on the 22nd at the age of only 62. It was a very humbling experience for me as I ended up being his primary care-giver for the month that I was there. I can't explain how looking after someone you remember as being so strong can change you perspective on things..

Thanks, everyone for your patience and understanding.

I'm back in the shop and we've got good things coming in the months ahead. Stay tuned!

Bob and family.

Comment

• Peter W
          Captain
          • May 2011

Sorry to hear that Bob. My condolences to you all.

Peter

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

Bob, it might seem to you that, in the face of such calamity, your contribution was not so great - but let me tell you from my own experience, doing what you did providing the comfort and support that you provided are priceless things to someone confronting eternity. After all of the other things we begin and end with family. I hope that yours heals in the loving memory of a great father-in-law, dad, husband and example.

Comment

Working...