X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bassplayer1
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2010

Hallo again
    Today I did some work on the separation line between upper and lower hull. The only spot that needed some filling it was infront of the dive planes! Quite pleased with the resault!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Simply beautiful work!

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rpmtech1
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Dec 2009

Sure is! Pro level for sure. I especially like the subtle and not "over done" details, like the fasteners on the diveplane surfaces etc. Very nice!

Whats your mold material you were pouring there?

Funny, I know that bow texture is true scale, but it looks like some molding problem occured on the finished part. LOL.
        Last edited by Rpmtech1; 05-10-2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• solosub
          Lieutenant
          • Sep 2010

Absolutely fabulous
          this work is fantastic !
          Laurent

www.scalesub.com

French RC submarine forum

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rpmtech1
            Funny, I know that bow texture is true scale, but it looks like some molding problem occured on the finished part. LOL.
            I was looking at that too, it looks just right to me. funny how it happens like that sometimes.
            Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• bassplayer1
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Mar 2010

Thank you guys for the nice comments!
              Rpmtech1, the stuff I'm pouring in is RTV, a French brand, quite good! I buy it from a big DIY store just down the road from where I live! It's really funny that I got the same comments about the bow texture down here too! Everybody seems to think(including my wife) that I've done something wrong(I'm not saying that you did!) Anyway here is a photo of the real thing! If you think that I overdid it please let me know!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Dec 2009

No you dident over do it at all. It just looks "bad" on the real one! Hey thats scale modeling. Whenever you bring it in public carry a picture of the real ones bow LOL.

I had a similar situation on something i built, cant remember what it was. but everyone who looked over it would ask "why does this look like that" And i would tell them the real one looks that way....

Comment

• bassplayer1
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Mar 2010

Hallo everybody!
                  Added some details on the deck and dive planes, also casted the scopes etc! Here is some photos!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • Dec 2009

Outstanding. No stone left unturned on this model down to the smallest thing.

Comment

• bassplayer1
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Mar 2010

Hallo everyone
                      I've finished with the periscope mechanism and here is three videos of how it works!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bassplay.../0/fmrX5BHBi5c http://www.youtube.com/user/bassplay.../1/mrkiCUWUYlc http://www.youtube.com/user/bassplay.../2/cRUljAV2c8Q

Comment

• bassplayer1
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Mar 2010

Hallo everyone
                        Here is two videos of the bow planes. I'm not happy with them as I don't like at all the way they work! Does anyone have a better idea or any suggestions! Please let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bassplay.../0/MEdp0qNVidg http://www.youtube.com/user/bassplay.../1/u2XSaQEXFmk

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          • Aug 2008

Your plane operating shaft bell-cranks have a way, way too short a moment arm. Increase the distance of the clevis from the center of rotation -- that means a corresponding increase in the servos bell-cranks moment arm as well.

An alternative is a rack-and-pinion at each control surface operating shaft.

And your pushrods between the watertight box and clevis' seems a little wobbly.

David,
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bassplayer1
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Mar 2010

Thank you very much David! I've allready started following your instructions!

Comment

• bassplayer1
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Mar 2010

Hi everybody
                              Added some more details on deck and sail. Also today it was the first encounter with water just to have a rough idea of how she behaves and how big the ballast tank should be. Conclusions are...1) Stability problems which means I'll have to keep the CG really low in the hull 2) The ballast tank will be smaller than expected, and 3) It takes a hell of an effort to pull her out of the water, I nearly broke my back today! Also the damn pool is not deep enough to trim her properly, so I'll have to build a new one! Here is some photos!

Comment

• bassplayer1
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • Mar 2010

Hallo everyone!
                                Here is some photos of the making of the WTC and the main ballast tank. The pipe going through the tank is for the trim tank. I hope it works!

Comment

Working...