Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junglelord
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

WOW, is this funny....did you ever tell me what they are making room for?
    LOL....
    For the WTC?
    or is it control linages?

All of the ribs are removed in the same manner along the whole length of the deck inside the boat,then after doing Davids mod for the rear diving plane link,you assemble the Seaview,lots of glue.
    OMG I GET IT....to cut off the superstructure.....
    boy am I DENSE.
    DOOH!

Comment

• RAY
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jan 2009

Yes pal
      Now can we get on and build a boat............ lol

Ray.

Comment

• junglelord
        Banned
        • Jan 2009

Ok, thats hilarious...
        I will start cutting out those supports.
        Thanks.

Comment

• RAY
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Jan 2009

Hi Guys
          I have not been able to get a lot done on Seview over the last couple of weeks,due to work on the house what I have done I hope you find interesting.

Because I have had to cut the boats due to building static virsions,I damage the deck,an Email to Moebius secured permission to remold the deck out of Glass fibre.

The mold was made from liquid latex,and fibre glass surface tissue,twenty five layers over two days,before removal from the good original boat it was further backed up with polyester resin and glass cloth.

The resultant mold turned out better than I thought it might,so I have now replace the damaged deck with a glass fibre unit.

The photos show the damage,then the first two layers of latex on the good boat,the rubber mold,and finally the replacement glass deck,it has a few small marks but easily sorted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	N1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	56856

Name:	N2.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	56857

Name:	N3.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	56858

Name:	N4.JPG
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	56859

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Well done, Ray!

You're from the old school. Latex glove with a GRP mother-mold. I like you're style, kiddo.

The GRP superstructure looks like you used PVA as part of your release system. Good on ya.

You obviously have been around the tree a few times. What's you model building history, anyway. You seem well grounded in the craft.

And I applaud your checking with Moebius for permission to make the copy. A very classy move (how many people have the courtesy to do that today?). And the right thing to do.

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• junglelord
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Hey Ray, wonderful stuff. I knew you were busy...but its good to see your thread back in action. I get my fittings kit order tomorrow....I should be ready to assemble very soon.
              :cool:

Comment

• RAY
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Merriman
                Well done, Ray!

You're from the old school. Latex glove with a GRP mother-mold. I like you're style, kiddo.

The GRP superstructure looks like you used PVA as part of your release system. Good on ya.

You obviously have been around the tree a few times. What's you model building history, anyway. You seem well grounded in the craft.

And I applaud your checking with Moebius for permission to make the copy. A very classy move (how many people have the courtesy to do that today?). And the right thing to do.

David,
                Been around too long I think served with a chap called Naismith who was in submarines,when I was in the army in early 70s he was retiring and moved over from the navy,he is responsible for my sub passion his stories were superb.

Also worked with a chap called Sloan who was on th Tally Ho,we called him commander he was an officer but when I worked with him he was a navigator in historic rallying I hope he was better at subs than he was at navigating!!!..

Ray

Comment

• RAY
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by junglelord
                  Hey Ray, wonderful stuff. I knew you were busy...but its good to see your thread back in action. I get my fittings kit order tomorrow....I should be ready to assemble very soon.
                  :cool:
                  Hi Dean.

You Sir have some bits on the way..

Ray

Comment

• junglelord
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

Gee Ray, I am honoured to have you and David help me out first hand.
                    Incredible boost of confidence and knowledge in all areas. I am just loving it. I show my new work bench and station to everyone. I got several items on the go. Some static model work with fiber optics and LEDs. So I got a soldering station. With Davids help I have learned how to use CA and baking powder. Repairs for some friends models with my new found talents. I also got a Balsa wood plane kit on the go. I got magnets on order. The Fittings Kit I order tomorrow. I got my fixed vanes today, for the fitting kit. Make sure you get those Ray, as Mr Merriman forgot them in the first sets of Fittings Kits. I was the one that reminded him, so I am good for something, LOL.
                    Crack That WHip

I am going over the next set of shop items that I need...and thats bondo, sand paper, primer, blue silicon, stuff for that kind of work.
                    To get the two hulls even on the outside I initially used Evercoat two-part filler. The final spot filling of scratch-marks and remaining dings was done with air-dry Nitro-Stan putty which was wet-sanded smooth. The a heavy application of primer finished the days work.
                    Basicly all the stuff listed above. Thanks Mr Merriman.
                    Last edited by junglelord; 03-05-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...