Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

I am going to have a go here at adding the pictures (thumbnailed before) from my Album...so if you have seen these before- you have!

In the test tank

As you can see here she is still TOO positive with a full propel charge and fully flooded ballast tank
    [IMG][/IMG]

The tile work on this boat is Evergreen styrene tiles - glued on with Green ZAP CA. These are glued on in groups of tiles no more than around a square inch at a time.
    Last edited by Slats; 01-18-2009, 09:19 PM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

I am going to have a go here at adding the pictures (thumbnailed before) from my Album...so if you have seen these before- you have!

In the test tank

As you can see here she is still TOO positive with a full propel charge and fully flooded ballast tank

The tile work on this boat is Evergreen styrene tiles - glued on with Green ZAP CA. These are glued on in groups of tiles no more than around a square inch at a time.
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Wow that worked - now that is a cool feature of this forum!
        Thanks Mike.

John
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Damn! I'm good!! (Isn't that Merriman's line?)
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Nuke Power
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Yeah it is so stop stealing it!

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rogue Sub
              Yeah it is so stop stealing it!

Weak Knee'd

How about this one? Sounds like Merriman?
              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
                Vice Admiral
                • Aug 2008

more bigger pictures within the thread.

Here is the Subdriver in the sub on the bench.

Next is the Engineering space of the Subdriver. Note the use of Mid sized Hi Tec servos. Even though these are mid sized Hi-tec calls them micro.
                These have exactly the same torque as the Futaba S148 normal sized servos, so they can push with ease the 1/8" push rods.

Specs are:
                HITEC HS-81
                SUB MICRO SERVO
                Torque (4.8/6.0V): 2.6/3.0kg.cm
                Speed (4.8/6.0V): .11/.09sec/60deg
                Size (LxWxHmm): 30x12x30
                Weight (g): 16.6

I like these as my local hobby store sells these for the same price as a regular servo, the size is attractive as I simply hate too much clutter in there.

Finally here is the forward battery compartment. The tape used here is I found that ever since I shortened the BT by an inch the O'ring seal on the ballast tank (whilst still fitting snug and being air tight) seems a bit looser.

Note that the 3" WTC I have for the battery compartment has its rear 3" end cap connected to the BT 3.5" end cap at the lowest position. This is done to keep weight in low position.

Also note in the WTC photos the use of velcro to hold down the WTC. The velcro is expoxied to the lower hull halves. The WTC also has in the ballast tank a small 1/8" hole to line up with a 1/8" brass indexing pin to align the cylinder up in the boat.
                Last edited by Slats; 01-18-2009, 11:16 PM.
                John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Aug 2008

A great day sailing with TF72 at Manly Dam

Had a fantastic day out with the guys at Task Force 72 with Trenchant.

Weird that I actually had to "manually" reset the M-tronics ESC - after about 20 minutes sailing the unit I think had a programing glitch and cut all FWD propulsion. Resetting the ESC did the trick. (Anyone else have this glitch?)

I had a real 1/72 scale RN "Loyal" class tender that accompanied me. I played chicken - no deeper than PD in these waters - where the tender and sub are is really deep.

No leaks and no problems got to love the SD with LPB "snort system".

Best

John

Backing out slowly

Getting up close to Loyal tender

Loyal doing some touch parking

Guys given my considerable fleet and another 4 subs within it, I will be selling Trenchant complete ready to run - Australian buyers only as I don't plan on shipping her OS and the Frequency 36MHZ is legal here. If interested PM me.

Best

John
                  John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Nuke Power
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

I do wish I could sail a boat in Australia. Trenchant would make a good first :)
                    You just moving on to the next boat John?

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

I do wish I could sail a boat in Australia. Trenchant would make a good first :)
                      You just moving on to the next boat John?
                      Yes going all out now on the Collins and have Joel Stadnick's Permit arriving soon. I'd like to have both running well for Summer (that's December here).
                      Add to that my numerous targets and I decided to let he go. Trenchant has been largely an experimental boat for me - the tiles on the GRP plus the pump jet - wanted to give something new ago. Its been a boat that I slotted into a gap I had due to some local supplier failures.

Best
                      John
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Nuke Power
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

just surprising considering how long you have had it completed

Comment

• Slats
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Aug 2008

just surprising considering how long you have had it completed
                          Yes but had a good playtime with it.
                          I have a significantly large target fleet too - that I have also have to cut back a bit on.

Here is some more play photos.

Heck I might just keep her!
                          She is nice!
                          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...