Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCnut
    Commander
    • Apr 2012

Thank you kindly People. Er, the pilot was converted from a Thor God of Thunder toy figure and came with a full beard, lol. So I thought well I have a goatee so I'll pretend its me flying the machine. I can dream. I did add the signage to the ejection triangles and he now has a Shado badge as well on his jacket.

Comment

• RCnut
      Commander
      • Apr 2012

Well I did start the paint job on the 5 footer but as I am now doing a 6 foot one I must admit to totally losing interest in finishing it off, This is as it is now.
      Attached Files

Comment

• RCnut
        Commander
        • Apr 2012

Got bored so thought Ahh sod it and started painting. Black on, next silver.
        Attached Files

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Nice Stuff, Mamas! Im waiting to see how you handle the extreme painting Details that this model shows in the various episodes. Looks like it would take a long time.Derek Meddings himself couldnt do better than you.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• RCnut
            Commander
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by greenman407
            Nice Stuff, Mamas! Im waiting to see how you handle the extreme painting Details that this model shows in the various episodes. Looks like it would take a long time.Derek Meddings himself couldnt do better than you.
            Thats nice of you to say Mark, however he designed it and you cant beat an original :)

Comment

• RCnut
              Commander
              • Apr 2012

Silver on, Gunmetal on....little bit more to do on that then the pinstriping goes on.
              Attached Files

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

If I remember correctly, the 3 foot and the 5 foot were the sizes that you were offering originally wernt they? Do you have plans to "Static Dive" this one?

Comment

• RCnut
                  Commander
                  • Apr 2012

If I remember correctly, the 3 foot and the 5 foot were the sizes that you were offering originally wernt they? Do you have plans to "Static Dive" this one?
                  This ones just going to be a surface runner, I have bigger and more ambitious plans for the 6 foot version, Just need to source a very powerfull Water jet. :)

Comment

• RCnut
                    Commander
                    • Apr 2012

Started on the pinstriping, still lots more to do. When I say pinstriping I mean I mask and spray each line. Sad I know but better than tape.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• RCnut
                      Commander
                      • Apr 2012

Had to stop for the day. Airbrush well gunked up and will need an overnight soak, White tips and radome done, gunmetal tail, Nose and lower intake and the conning tower hatch red on. More on Friday.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Subculture
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RCnut
                        Just need to source a very powerfull Water jet. :)
                        How about this- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_X_Large.html

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

Mamas, I know that youve probably spent many an hour behind an airbrush but Ill tell you what seems to work best for me on my Paasche H single action. It takes discipline however. You know the normal flush with thinner and put a rag over the tip while spraying thinner thru it. I take it a step further while the thinner is in the gun. I pull the tip apart and blow compressed air thru it using a rubber tipped air nozzle and then I reassemble it. Also I blow thru the siphon tube at the same time. I no longer have any feed issues at all. I just pick it up and go. For what its worth.

Comment

• RCnut
                            Commander
                            • Apr 2012

Mamas, I know that youve probably spent many an hour behind an airbrush but Ill tell you what seems to work best for me on my Paasche H single action. It takes discipline however. You know the normal flush with thinner and put a rag over the tip while spraying thinner thru it. I take it a step further while the thinner is in the gun. I pull the tip apart and blow compressed air thru it using a rubber tipped air nozzle and then I reassemble it. Also I blow thru the siphon tube at the same time. I no longer have any feed issues at all. I just pick it up and go. For what its worth.
                            Mark, Yep It is a step further. I think I work a bit too quickly and would get fed up doing all that, Good Idea tho. :)

Comment

• RCnut
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Subculture
                              Cant get that to open but I know the one you mean, Cheers.

Comment

• trout
                                Admiral
                                • Jul 2011

Try this site: http://wiltee.wix.com/itq123#!
                                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...