Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCnut
    Commander
    • Apr 2012

Hi Guys, guess what? I put the first coat on Diver today. Who said Men could'nt multitask? lol. Little peek!
    Attached Files

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

That is so cool! It is amazing what a little paint will do. Look forward to your next post.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Beautiful. Wonderful, Stupendous! So the color you used was Ford Oyster Gold Metalic, or did you improvise with something else? Is it automotive paint or something else? Tell us your secrets.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• RCnut
          Commander
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by greenman407
          Beautiful. Wonderful, Stupendous! So the color you used was Ford Oyster Gold Metalic, or did you improvise with something else? Is it automotive paint or something else? Tell us your secrets.
          Thanks Mark

Ok, Ford Oyster gold is a very Dark color and by the time you have weathered it it will be almost black lol. And to be honest I have to say that I was told By Mike Trimm (Derek Meddings right hand man) That they never went out to get cans of spray to paint the models. They would phone the paint co and ask for the colour to be mixed for them. I got this First hand whilst working with Mike.

I am using Ford Champange gold which is a much lighter shade and will serve as a good base for all other colors to go on.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Thanks Mamas, I will be looking over your shoulder the whole way, and then some.

Comment

• RCnut
              Commander
              • Apr 2012

Mark.....you must have one long neck lol. All that gold has been wet and dried back now as it exposed a few spots were there tiny scratches so a way to go yet.

Comment

• RCnut
                Commander
                • Apr 2012

Although not for the 5 footer, I did this for the stand alone SS Sky1 and thought you might want to see this. I made an attempt to realize the function as depicted in the show. Ie the seat must rotate and travel along the length of Sky1 and in some way put the pilot in the cockpit. Quite pleased with it.
                Attached Files

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Looks Great. I assume its also an ejection seat as well.

Comment

• RCnut
                    Commander
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by greenman407
                    Looks Great. I assume its also an ejection seat as well.
                    Only if I throw it :)

Comment

• alad61
                      Commander
                      • Jan 2012

Yeah it's nice to see this thread on the go again! I am looking forward to more. I am so jealous that you got a squiz at the original 2 footer Sky one. But you did share so thanks for that:biggrin:
                      Cheers,
                      Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
                      But to dream is a reality

Comment

• RCnut
                        Commander
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by alad61
                        Yeah it's nice to see this thread on the go again! I am looking forward to more. I am so jealous that you got a squiz at the original 2 footer Sky one. But you did share so thanks for that:biggrin:
                        Well the plan is to finish the two footer, Paint it and then do the 5 foot skydiver then the Stingray then the Shadomobile......That's the plan anyway.

Comment

• RCnut
                          Commander
                          • Apr 2012

Hi Peeps

I know this part is the airplane bit but I will be starting the paint job on the 5 foot Skydiver this week and this is a sneak peek at what it may turn out like. This is My effort at the 2 foot replica I created for my own birthday pressie. I have decided to do the Diver section for this one too. Total length will be six feet. My hope will be to make it a fully functioning static diver, lets face it at that size it would be wrong not too.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RCnut; 03-10-2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                            • Aug 2008

OMG! A goatee!?? is that in keeping with SHADOW dress-code?

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Anuci
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2008

A fine eye you have for detail, Dave. I was concentrating so much on the rest of the model that I entirely missed the face of the pilot. I guess it just wasn't in any part of my focal view, LOL.
                              My hat is certainly off to RCnut. This Sci-Fi replica, its paint work and model as a whole is absolutely top shelf. I'm absolutely astonished at the quality of work I see from time to time here on the forum, and can only give praise, as praise is certainly due here. Yes, it will certainly be worth the wait to see the 6 ft. model in its entirety completed as a static diver, operating above and below the water as the project continues to take shape.
                              Very nice, indeed!

Al Nuci
                              Last edited by Anuci; 03-10-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                                • Aug 2008

Mamas is a model-building machine!

Wait! ... I thought only Mongolians were qualified to fly the SKY craft?

Seriously though, this is absolutely astounding work!

David
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...