Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Find some fluffy art-supply house and purchase a color-wheel...

... and GET TO IT!

David
    You don't need a 'fluffy art-supply house' when there's Caswell Inc's Color Wheel

Caswell Inc. Saving modelers dignity!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    The pool is at my mother-in-law's retirement complex, but it is available and empty a lot of the time.

Now the rest of the story........
    When I arrived at the pool, the first run was frustrating because she would not dive. So I took her out of the water and did some adjustment to the bow planes through the wFly TX. When I replaced the stripped gear, I must not have gotten the arm on exactly as before.
    Then I did the second run and that is what you saw filmed. It was fun. When she behaves she is outstanding.

The third run was going to get more underwater film - then it happened almost right away.......

Wait for it.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh-Oh_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	72939

Name:	Oh-Oh_2.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	72940
    That is not me surfacing..... that is me cruising along slowly. The aft end seemed to lose its buoyancy (my first thought was water leaked in). Interesting was watching the sub as speed was added and see the leveler bring the rear up for me to a semi-level position. This mission was cut short.

Pulling out the sub, to my relief the WTC was dry (which is a very nice thing). No weights were floating around no foam lost......What the flip happened?
    Working theory.....lets see what you think.....In placing the foam in the hull, I must have gaps that have trapped air, the longer I am in the water the air slowly leaks out until it gets to the point of changing the positive buoyancy to Davey's Locker homing beacon.

Leave a comment:

• alad61
    replied
    Great job mate! And as David said some slick driving... :) I envy the fact you have a big pool to play in...

Leave a comment:

• satlite440
    replied
    nice.....excelent boat

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Slick! Very nice work. Surprising such a large boat can make (just) a complete circle in that pool. Good driving. Looks like you have it dialed in, Tom.

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied

I will tell you the rest of the story later..........

Leave a comment:

replied
    Pussie!.................

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Not directly - the minty freshness is potent aromatic and causes eye irritation - like onions, just minty.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Just how do you get that weathering agent into your eyes????

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    David and Ellie, you are welcome to Las Vegas anytime!
    I picked up the Floating Drydock Submarine Plan eBook - wow is that cool.
    School has started and my time has been in that and I got Rick's Aluminaut sub to build. The Gato is getting hull treatments. Minty toothpaste burns the eyes.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Don't make me come over there!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    O.K. I will concede on this one, David.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Nope, I see rust running down on the black tank-tops. The waterline is about a foot below where this picture crops out. Looked at the video (nice catch, by the way) and did not see any of the boat bobbing up showing off the below waterline area.

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Searching a different route, I came across a video of a rescue of a B-29 crew. After the advertisement there is a news report about it, when this video finishes, there is a full length video (about 8 minutes) of the rescue of the crew in its recommended play list. http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=672454611001

Here is a capture from it.

Name:	B-29_rescue.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	68438

Notice the rust below the waterline!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by beeryboats
    Tom, those are great photos. I always wondered why I didn't see any exhaust outlets on the hull. I'm still too busy trying to get mine balasted to worry 'bout detail work. Maybe I'll get more done this weekend after I pull the sailboat out of the rapidly evaporating lake:(

Jay
    Jay, Thanks - I know trimming the sub can be a pain, but you will get there! I don't know why the exhaust was not put in either!

David, I am really glad you are enjoying this and that we are all learning. You are so welcome! Saying that, I want to see you detail out your Gato, so I can learn from you!

Leave a comment:

Working...