Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubICman
    Lieutenant
    • Jun 2022

Gonna take me a few. Wife and daughter had me hopping to on other menial tasks

Comment

• g2tiger
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Sep 2008

OK, I figured out what was happening with my photos. Although I reset the size to put on the forum I did not realize the resized photos were being saved one folder up from my saved photos folder. It ended up I was trying to upload the same photos, not the resized photos.

Please note the port side prop shaft and the corrosion and also the plastic bearings that I believe are kit originals, the port prop would not turn easily due to the build-up. I was concerned that I might damage the prop shaft tube while removing it. The props are not like the correct style for a Fleet Boat but I think for now I can live with them as I focus on a WTC.

Enjoy

Comment

• wlambing
        Commander
        • Nov 2020

You sure you didn't pull a canoe anchor out of that thing???

Comment

• SubICman
          Lieutenant
          • Jun 2022

Ok, now that I have satisfied my wife's requirements of rearranging the living room in preps for Christmas, and my daughters request of replacing the heater core in her Jeep, I could get the pictures.

These are 10x 4000 mah Nimh cells at 1.2 Volts nominal each. They are arranged in 2 tubes, 5 cells each, bussed in series for a 12 v 4000 mah pack.

The tubes are .75" id acrylic tubes from McMaster-Carr I believe. The endcaps are custom aluma-lite cast and have brass hardware threaded through them. The tie bar is machined .125" brass bar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221118_083111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	166958Click image for larger version  Name:	20221118_083105.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	166959Click image for larger version  Name:	20221118_083059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	166960
          You can see that the battery pack fits inside of the keel of the boat, and they slide under the wtc saddles. There is enough room to slide them forward and tilt up to pull the pack up. The battery is held down by velcro tabs under the aft end of the pack.

V/r
          Tim
          Last edited by SubICman; 11-18-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• g2tiger
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Sep 2008

Very nice! Glad you got your family things done. I have a lot to do this weekend as well. But, I think on turkey day I am off work, we are hosting a dinner of sorts, and Friday I'm going to Daytona Speedway for the Turkey Rod Run. It's the largest car show and swap meet in the Southeast. I will add this information to my collection, I like the batteries acting as a weight. Still need to determine my WTC and its setup.

Comment

• g2tiger
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Sep 2008

Ooops, I forgot to thank you for getting the pictures. Thank you, they are great and the information will be just what I need.

Comment

• SubICman
                Lieutenant
                • Jun 2022

No problems. Enjoy the holidays!

Comment

Working...