X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubDude
    Captain
    • Dec 2019

1/48 OTW Oberon Build

I have been working on this for a while now and finally got the periscopes functioning how I wanted so I decided to post about it. Here is a video explaining how I accomplished this. It creates a very cool effect and actually serves the purpose to raise the 2.4 GHz antenna as high as it can go.

• Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

Nice work Steve, it sure given me ideas now too. Looks like you really did some great thinking to put that together.
    Last edited by Sinksalot; 05-21-2022, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCJetDude
      I have been working on this for a while now and finally got the periscopes functioning how I wanted so I decided to post about it. Here is a video explaining how I accomplished this. It creates a very cool effect and actually serves the purpose to raise the 2.4 GHz antenna as high as it can go.

Steve,

That is one nice set up! I am really taken back by your design and engineering skills, so creative! It's great to see your work, please keep those photos coming!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• SubDude
        Captain
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Sinksalot
        Nice work Steve, it sure given me ideas now too. Looks like you really did some great thinking to put that together.
        Thanks David. This one took a lot of thought in order to clear the cylinder more than anything else and finding a suitable flexible tube that would fit the assembly without binding against anything. I knew the concept would work so it was the execution.

Comment

• SubDude
          Captain
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Steve,

That is one nice set up! I am really taken back by your design and engineering skills, so creative! It's great to see your work, please keep those photos coming!

Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat"
          Thank you Rob, I will post more soon as I have the bow planes retracting as well. Just a little electrical work left to do on it. I have to install a Go Slow Go Rate device to slow the retract servo down and a Battle Switch to act as a pitch lockout when they are retracted. Like you I love to experiment and try new things.

Comment

Working...