Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

are you talking about the Admiral Makarov?

Click image for larger version  Name:	admiral_makarov-1200-1038x778.jpg Views:	50 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	161555
    Last edited by Bob Gato; 05-08-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
      Captain
      • Apr 2020

Meant to post these earlier but I’ve been busy.
      Attached Files

Comment

• JHapprich
        Captain
        • Oct 2017

What am i looking at?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
          Captain
          • Apr 2020

This is footage from a TB2 drone of Snake Island from the other night of two Ukraine jets striking Russian positions. This was after Ukraine sunk the small Russian landing craft with the Tor defense system onboard. After this attack Ukraine sunk two more Raptor class fast boats near the Island. Wagner group landed a Mi-8 on the island last night and that was destroyed also. Pics below.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
            Captain
            • Apr 2020

The Makarov was not attacked. That was false info put out that some news sources ran with. There was also speculation that a Kilo was hit due to the amount and type of NATO airborne assets monitoring the area but the real action was on Snake Island. There is something else strange going on in the Black Sea where the NATO assets were monitoring the area the last couple days.

Comment

• FindingNemo
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • May 2022

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
              With the bow plane, stern plane and rudder servos in the wet and recently swapped out for the waterproof IP67 micro versions, the last servo in the wet that needed to be swapped out was the main ballast tank servo. Just like swapping out the other three sub-micro SG90 servos for the IP67 rated micro servos, this called for a redesign of the original equipment. The main ballast tank servo probably had the least forgiving area to work within for redesigning the conversion to the slightly larger servos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37A5C064-4508-4024-9505-770DFF30DE8F.jpeg
Views:	434
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	159626

This was the original Sg90 servo design for the main ballast tank. Was fairly happy with the layout of components and their functionality. The recent water proofing experimenting of the Sg90 servos and their current draw measurements made me want to formulate a plan B for their use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F3E80FEA-2B92-4EA6-91FB-FFD664EA17E9.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	159627

Here is the result of the redesign that now uses the IP67 rated larger micro servo for the main ballast tank. It fits within the original design and works well. Happy with the results so far.

Nick
              Hi Nick,
              Does this mean you've decided not to go with your (meticulous) custom waterproofed servos and are going with the IP67 rated instead?
              Will these be fully submerged?
              I'm searching the forum currently to see if there's a brand of off the shelf waterproof servos which have been proven to be reliable..
              Thanks, Colin.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                • Aug 2009

Hitec's servos have proven very reliable for me so far. They're the only ones that I know of that are out-of-the-box "waterproof".

Bob

Comment

Working...