Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Its been a while-Some fabrication progress has been made on the tour boat: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ises-and-Dives

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
      Captain
      • Apr 2020

Wow really nice and impressive fabrication work Bob! You’ve gotten a lot done since the last time I saw your build. Glad to see you making good use of your new shop!

Nick

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Thanks Nick-all I want for Christmas is walls..to keep the dust where it belongs! Now all I have is painter's tape where the walls will go...The price of studs is slowly coming down ...I'll be darned if I will pay $15 for steel and $13 (used to be 4) for wood! (I will need 63and that's only the inside walls )-its all good!
        Last edited by Bob Gato; 11-27-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Bob Gato
          Captain
          • Feb 2019

First test of thrust vectors via RC control

For a build log update: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ises-and-Dives
          Last edited by Bob Gato; 05-31-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

First class mechanics and model building here, sir.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bob Gato
              Captain
              • Feb 2019

I've been around here long enough to know that you don't comment in idle pleasantries...A true compliment...Sir, I thank You.
              Last edited by Bob Gato; 06-01-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Bob Gato
                Captain
                • Feb 2019

Well its been one year, four months and 12 hundred man hours-She's as done as she is going to get...she's been in the Tub and been in the pool- We are coming up on the cold hard water season -I just need some clean pond liquid water to let her shake down. I say clean water... Its a small boat (33inches) and packed with internals-Even though everything is drop in place and easily removable -I don't really want to be disassembling and washing pond scum out of the interior every voyage We might have to wait till spring-The build log is at this link: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ises-and-Dives and as build logs go, on public forums-just scroll past the BS and non relevant posts ...​

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA200019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	165767

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA200023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	165764

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA180003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	165765

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA210033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	165766

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA210037.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	165768

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA200023.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	165837

Name:	Going Under.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	165838

Lol-sorry I ran out of my 4 edit lives and had to wait till today to get the larger picture posted.-"on its way under"...

Last edited by Bob Gato; 10-22-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

THIS kind of stuff is the only reason I log onto this forum each morning. Your posts are rare, but they are solid gold! Your work is so far removed from the typical body-of-revolution **** that enslaves most of us these days. Your SEAL boat, now this fantastic tourist submarine, this kind of work simply grabs one's eyeballs and won't let go. You are so methodical.

I'll let Jules sum it up:

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bob Gato
                    Captain
                    • Feb 2019

Thanks David!...those are very kind words-I do have this obsession with hand building and scratch building non common subjects...I hope to be attend Groton (if it happens) next spring? or summer...my next task is figuring out a way to get Atlantis' shipping box in an overhead rack of an airplane as I'm also hoping to do Cohutta next year..BG

BTW-Great movie!
                    Last edited by Bob Gato; 10-22-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bob Gato
                      Thanks David!...those are very kind words-I do have this obsession with hand building and scratch building non common subjects...I hope to be attend Groton (if it happens) next spring? or summer...my next task is figuring out a way to get Atlantis' shipping box in an overhead rack of an airplane as I'm also hoping to do Cohutta next year..BG

BTW-Great movie!
                      Box it up, send it to me, UPS or some-such carrier, and I'll transport it to both Groton and Cohutta in the van. Back home, after Cohutta, I'll box it up and send it back to you (or I just might keep the thing!).

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bob Gato
                        Captain
                        • Feb 2019

Click image for larger version  Name:	image003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	165840 Thanks-I'll put that down as my plan "B"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bob Gato

Click image for larger version Name:	image003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	165840 Thanks-I'll put that down as my plan "B"
                          Through the kind offices of Mike Bratley, who has an 'in' with the command there, Groton will indeed happen -- and likely on a more agreeable date than last year. So, plan on it. And I'll see to it that just as soon as I know the date and particulars, I'll pass the word on here. Joe Oliver remains the Lead guy between us and the command and has, along with Ray Mason, gone above and beyond the call of duty in getting our group over there through the recent years.

Name:	FF8_3681-X3[1].jpg
Views:	192
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	165842

Name:	FF8_3882-X3[1].jpg
Views:	169
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	165843

Name:	IMG_1683.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	165844

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bob Gato
                            Captain
                            • Feb 2019

That's great to hear... Heck I could almost swim to Groton from here... I had an amazing time in 2019... I'm in!

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Sep 2015

Not only am I hoping it get's reset to the proper date, but for two other items as well...

1-That it does not interfere with a certain other September Event.
                              2-A certain flying RC SubGuy will fly up w/room for "Sub" Ed. Even if my running boat must sit on my lap.

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                              NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                              USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Bob Gato
                                Captain
                                • Feb 2019

I shared these pictures with the Dive Tribe and at the above link( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ises-and-Dives ) but failed to update this thread-It was a 75 degree November day last Sunday- I went to the lake with my finished (pretty much) Atlantis, and Ray Mason with his Nikon..

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0870.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	166690Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0872.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	166691Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0873.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	166692Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0874.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	166693Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0878.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	166694Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0883.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	166695Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0886.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	166696Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0888.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	166697Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0889.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.0 KB ID:	166698Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0898.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.5 KB ID:	166699Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	166700Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	166701Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0918.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	166702Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	166703Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	166704Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0959.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	166705

Last edited by Bob Gato; 11-11-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...