Did someone strap a

to the top of a ...

Just image the drag...

David H

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by JHapprich
    Yes i am building a long bin. And no its not ugly. Its unique. Ladies...
    All joking aside. I've always regarded the WHISKEY LONG-BIN as the most amazing coupling of a multi-missile launcher system to a terribly small boat pressed into the role. The organic geometry of the missile/sail fairing is amazing in itself and is the feature that most identifies these iconic boats.

Press on, sir. And If can be of any assistance, I would be delighted to contribute.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Happrich we were joking around about the Long Bin. We are submariners. Don't get so uptight. Go take a lithium pill and put a bra on that boat. It could be considered indecent.

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    I mean, you hear me complaining to have chosen that ugly design-fail of a yankee-ssbn k 140( and you know why they made only one of it- YOU DO, be honest)??? No. I am talking about 'uh, that sail seems a few mm off' or 'oh, that bow needs' shaving. THOSE ARE REASONABLE COMPLAINS TO THINK OF, GENTLEMAN! so ill go now and have my lithium.afterwards ill check my workshop MAYBE and IF i find the right words to tell L-B itll need a bra...

Nothing left to say. Besides,foxtrot sounds great.Go Go Go!!!

Last edited by JHapprich; 12-03-2019, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Yes i am building a long bin. And no its not ugly. Its unique. Ladies...

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    I am talking about the Yankee sail. 1 mold or split? I am surprised crews on a Long Bin didn't mutiny instead of sail on it. Thing is so ugly it's momma had to tie a pork chop around it's neck just so the dog would play with it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Happrich tell me your not making a Whiskey Long Bin. Can't decide what's uglier. Long Bin or a AMC Pacer
    LOL. LONG-BIN. A very special sort of ugly. Who christened that boat, Phillis Diller? Russian's!

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Your not a idiot Dave just a old curmudgeon like me. Do you think I should make the sail 1 mold or a split mold right/left? Sail is pretty big
    I am not an old curmudgeon …. "hey, kid! in my front yard!, I see you!, get off my ****ing lawn!!!! Ellie?, where's my Wrist-Rocket?!" … just misunderstood.

The FOXTROT sail? Yes, that thing has significant negative draft to it. build a tool that splits into left and right halves.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Breasts? LOL. Only a DBF sailor could love that boat. Not only is it ugly it's fugly.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    I had two look up the Whiskey Long Bin. It has breasts!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wlbin02.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	135133

Side note: Bob, loving the upgraded web site!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Happrich tell me your not making a Whiskey Long Bin. Can't decide what's uglier. Long Bin or a AMC Pacer

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    No need to apologize, David!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Your not a idiot Dave just a old curmudgeon like me. Do you think I should make the sail 1 mold or a split mold right/left? Sail is pretty big

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by JHapprich
    Errr...needless to mention that for sure im going to pay him should i aquire one of his plans
    I should have made it clear I was not talking about you, sir. Once I start bloviating like that I take out the occasional innocent through 'friendly-fire'. To be clear: I was not addressing the 'no pay' comment at you.

My apology for my scatter-shot post under your post. I'm an idiot.

David
    Idiot

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Errr...needless to mention that for sure im going to pay him should i aquire one of his plans

Leave a comment:

Working...