X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

1/72 Victor III molds

Here it finally is the 1/72 Victor III plugs. Got a little finish sanding and polishing on the hull plug then I can scribe all the details in the hull and sail. Should be able to start making the molds next week. This is like the 6th sub mold I have made. Almost done with a 1/72 Yankee II styrofoam hull plug. Going to just make a one off scratch build of that as it is a real monster.
  • Davidh
    Captain
    • Nov 2010

Hello 598602G,

That is a nice looking Victor 3. I will be watching the development with interest. I assume that you will be also looking at what Bart is doing with his.
    i would like to see pics of the Yankee you are building. Keep up the good work.

David H

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

Thanks. This is the last mold I will make. Just don't have a lot of time like I use to. I will get some pics of the Yankee II plug soon. That boat is a beast. It is about 75" long with a 7 1/2" beam. That one is just going to be a one off scratch build like I did with the first 1/72 Charlie I I made.

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

Pics of the scribe work on the hull. I will have the scribe work on the hull done tomorrow. Will be getting it ready to mold this week.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
          Pics of the scribe work on the hull. I will have the scribe work on the hull done tomorrow. Will be getting it ready to mold this week.
          Very good looking stuff there, I want one! How are you going to market this thing?

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
            Captain
            • Jan 2017

Maybe like the other kits. Maybe only do a hand full of them. I will just sell the hull, sail, appendages and the plans. I got like 5 pages of super detailed plans from Matt long time ago. Thinking I am going to do the 1/72 Echo II next.

Comment

• 598602G
              Captain
              • Jan 2017

Pics of some other plugs I have been working on. 1/72 Yankee II and a 1/96 November.

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

Pics of the hull with scribe work done. I will scribe the sail and get the plugs ready this week for molding

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Upper hull mold done. Will have lower hull done by Monday. Will be making Victor hulls next week.

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

Here are the hull molds. All that detail is deep and wide in the molds so it should pop and jump out at you when it is done. Will be making glass parts this week.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Here are the hull molds. All that detail is deep and wide in the molds so it should pop and jump out at you when it is done. Will be making glass parts this week.
                      CRISP!

I want one! How much?? …… when?????

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Don't really have a set price yet Dave. In the past I used 8 layers of 6oz cloth. Each boat took almost a quart of epoxy resin. Only thing is I didn't quite get the very end of the stern exactly parted in half. But no big deal as you will join those together. Dave you make the 1/72 Russian mast parts don't you? I am not making any of the mast molds this time. Price I am thinking maybe $450.00 for a kit.
                        Tim

Comment

• Aug 2008

Don't really have a set price yet Dave. In the past I used 8 layers of 6oz cloth. Each boat took almost a quart of epoxy resin. Only thing is I didn't quite get the very end of the stern exactly parted in half. But no big deal as you will join those together. Dave you make the 1/72 Russian mast parts don't you? I am not making any of the mast molds this time. Price I am thinking maybe $450.00 for a kit.
                          Tim
                          Nice. I'll check with the Boss, see what she say's. Yeah, I have 1/72 Russian hardware for the sail, no sweat. Need some parts?

Maybe you can give me a break in exchange for linkage, propeller, and other 'fittings' for your kit? Like what I'm doing for Lee's basic 1/96 ALFA kit.

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Sounds good to me. Taking a break on making the stern planes plug. The one stern plane is huge and is going to take a lot of casting resin for sure. I better buy some more.
                            Tim

Comment

• Aug 2008

Sounds good to me. Taking a break on making the stern planes plug. The one stern plane is huge and is going to take a lot of casting resin for sure. I better buy some more.
                              Tim
                              Get me scale drawings of the ass end of this thing and whatever you have on the bow planes. I'll take it from there.

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...