Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by secrtwpn
    What type/size/power magnets do you use???????

http://www.gaussboys.com/store/index...scs/d0502.html

http://www.gaussboys.com/store/index...ers/c0309.html

http://www.gaussboys.com/store/index...ers/c0606.html

David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-04-2018, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• secrtwpn
    replied
    What type/size/power magnets do you use???????

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    I think my Zulu is UNDER the second shed!
    That's an outrageous lie, sir!! ... OUTRAGIOUS I say!

(the ROMEO is under that shed).

Your ZULU is on the shop wall, AKA: model kit purgatory.

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    I think my Zulu is UNDER the second shed!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    That is better than being a door stop! - LOL

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    What!!, SECOND-SHED RAFTERS!!!!, this means it way back into your garden, even behind the FIRST shed, my poor V80.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    A Photo-survey of your shop, i'll buckle up and wait, one request, can you show where you stuffed my V80?

Manfred.
    Let me get the palace in orders, then I'll take pictures. Your neat little V80 has a place of honor atop the second-shed rafters.

David

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    A Photo-survey of your shop, i'll buckle up and wait, one request, can you show where you stuffed my V80?

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by secrtwpn
    How did you mold the servo tray?
    With a two-piece rubber tool, the servo foundation is cast polyurethane.

David

Leave a comment:

• secrtwpn
    replied
    How did you mold the servo tray?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by george
    Wow seeing the Workshop is like WOW! Where ALL the projects come from. Will have to look through a few times. As the other person said before I too wish you would post your workshop in detail, PLEASE!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting this.
    George
    Most of the unassembled models are in the rafters in the two sheds in the back-yard. I'll have to do a photo-survey for you guys over the weekend.

David

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Wow seeing the Workshop is like WOW! Where ALL the projects come from. Will have to look through a few times. As the other person said before I too wish you would post your workshop in detail, PLEASE!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting this.
    George

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by trout
    LOVE the magnetic on-off switch. I have it on the Type 9 and Walrus. I like the way you mounted it. I mounted mine up high so I can turn on and off without removing the upper part of the hull. The remaining subs will be retrofitted eventually. Only caution is you must disconnect the LiPo (which you should be doing anyway) before you store or not use it for a length of time. My understanding is there is still a trickle of power being used even if off. If I am wrong Kevin in Canada will come down on me hard - LOL Which his products are the best (a little suck up to avoid a wrath)
    I'm ashamed to admit that I only tried these magnetic switches because I ran out of watertight boots for the toggle-switches I usually use. And, I must say, I'm never going back to mechanical main mission switches again! Kevin's little devices are simply the best!

The reason I don't put them high, as you suggest, is that I'm compelled to open up the hull and inspect the SD every time I bring it ashore to turn off the power; part of my 'mission' routine -- an element of the protocols I employ to insure successful runs. Periodic eye-ball inspection of the SD and the gadgets within can't happen if you don't open up the hull.

Yeah, Kevin makes it a point to warn against long-term storage with the battery made up, as the magnetic switch, at idle, draws about .3mW. It might take a few months, but eventually it will pull the battery voltage down to the critical amount, and you've killed a very expensive battery. Part of the 'post-mission' protocol is to remove the battery, anyway. So, that's covered.

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    LOVE the magnetic on-off switch. I have it on the Type 9 and Walrus. I like the way you mounted it. I mounted mine up high so I can turn on and off without removing the upper part of the hull. The remaining subs will be retrofitted eventually. Only caution is you must disconnect the LiPo (which you should be doing anyway) before you store or not use it for a length of time. My understanding is there is still a trickle of power being used even if off. If I am wrong Kevin in Canada will come down on me hard - LOL Which his products are the best (a little suck up to avoid a wrath)

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

Working...