1/72 November?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HardRock
    replied
    Mate, DIII finally arrived via my Tasmanian friend this afternoon. Travelled OK - only a small ding in one fairwater plane. What a great boat; well done! Now get back to work on the Novemeber.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Dave you get those November plans?
    Just found your package buried on Ellie's desk.

The NOVEMBER!!

Are the drawings to the scale that we're working too? I suggest I do the propellers; rudder, stern planes, bow planes and horizontal stabilizers; all masts and antennas; deck fittings (bollards, escape buoy, hatch bails, towing padeye, etc.); yokes, saddles, running gear, and other internal foundations and hardware to make it r/c friendly.

This beast will take a two-motor 2.5 SD -- likely the GATO unit. In stock. The high reserve buoyancy of the Soviet boats dictates a huge ballast tank -- the GATO SD has that, and its small enough in diameter to keep the top of the ballast tank underwater in surface trim. Perfect!

I provide you two sets of the above fittings and a stock GATO SD, you provide me the hull and sail. And I make the local lakes and pools safe for Communism!

Sound good?

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave you get those November plans?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Hey i am trying out my first smartsmart

Leave a comment:

replied
    Did they tack your fish on like they did me?
    No one dared slam me in the chest. Engineer did the honors -- I Qualified on the TRUTTA. I later added a patrol pin (nine of 'em) and dive pin (hard-hat) to the hardware collection.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Did they tack your fish on like they did me?

Leave a comment:

replied
    So that makes you a half of a bubble head. I am a full bubble head. Use to stand top side watches on the pier for the NR-1. Winter of 76 was like -50 below coming off the Thames River.
    I earned my fish.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    So that makes you a half of a bubble head. I am a full bubble head. Use to stand top side watches on the pier for the NR-1. Winter of 76 was like -50 below coming off the Thames River.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Good ole rotten Groton
    Yeah, the town is a back-water sort of place. But, it's where I hooked up with Ellie, while getting the boat ready for a Poseidon conversion at EB. (Never attended sub-school -- I cross decked from a tender, straight to a boat).

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Good ole rotten Groton

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dave I mailed the November drawings to you today
    Excellent. I'll look them over when we get back from the Groton fun-run.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave I mailed the November drawings to you today

Leave a comment:

• Tirfing
    replied
    As I do not know if anyone has anything better, I would like to present a russian hand drawn model drawing of the Hotel. It is a bit Heavy however.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dug these out of the shed. And no George not going to make a 1/150 Typhoon ey!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here are some of the Echo II drawings I have. I have more then that. A friend of mine in Russia who lives in the same city where the shipyards that builds most of the Russian submarines sent those to me. Now all I need are some real good drawings for a Hotel I or II

Leave a comment:

Working...