Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo
    So shortly after i started to clean up my shop area to start works on this ive developed a pinched nerve leaving large amounts of pain in the right arm and my index finger numb so ive been going to the chiropractor to get that taken care of. As soon as im no longer in pain and can lift things again I’ll finish up my shop area and get this going!
    I'll be here for you with hardware and advice when you're ready, pal. Follow Doctor's orders and get well, damnit! Not many of us left.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
      Commander
      • Dec 2011

Hey guys! Still alive here. After months on end healing from a pinched nerve and now covid (oh my wife and I are expecting our first born as well). Life has been crazy. Be that as it may im finally cracking back into this project. David thanks again for everything!
      ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo
        Hey guys! Still alive here. After months on end healing from a pinched nerve and now covid (oh my wife and I are expecting our first born as well). Life has been crazy. Be that as it may im finally cracking back into this project. David thanks again for everything!
        Standing by, sir.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Congratulations Matthew! Boy or girl?
          Peace,
          Tom
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• matthewnimmo
            Commander
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by trout
            Congratulations Matthew! Boy or girl?
            Peace,
            Tom
            A baby boy! Im excited my wife is still feeling pretty miserable though:(

so, on the model front. Ive just been doing a simple survey on my next steps. Here is what ive came up with

1). I’ll pull stern planes,propeller, and rudder from my model kit. As it seems thats where David left off with (which by far is nothing compared to the mountain of work he had already done on this model!)

2). I’ll fabricate a stern pushrod and stern bell crank for the stern planes

3). I’ll come up with some sort of drive shaft system. Might try a simple RC fuel line hose that connects to the shaft that ill attach to the propeller? Still thinking on that

4). Going to purchase the same battery that David had been using to keep things consistent

5). Going to purchase some of that thin gage brass rod to make the stern pushrod

6). Probably going to purchase some supersmall magnet tips that David had use for the pushrods (not sure where he got those from.)

thats probably a good list for now. Then once i get it working on this end ill fine tune areas that need it and post up some more “todos”

thoughts anyone?:)
            ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

Working...