German type xxiii 1/72 or 1/32

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Why make this so hard? Use the kit propeller.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
      Commander
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Why make this so hard? Use the kit propeller.

David
      Yeah, i guess i should keep it simple. I just assumed since all the other fittings kits came with metal props that maybe it would be best to find one for this soon to be model of mine. Tons easier just to stick to the prop that comes with the model kit.
      ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo

Yeah, i guess i should keep it simple. I just assumed since all the other fittings kits came with metal props that maybe it would be best to find one for this soon to be model of mine. Tons easier just to stick to the prop that comes with the model kit.
        There you go. KISS!

I'll cut up some 1.25" Lexan tube today and will start playing with these SD's. First task will be to do as I described earlier -- working out the volume of water I need the ballast tank to hold. Film at Eleven.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
          Commander
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by SubHuman
          Confirmed that we can do $395 on the micro-cylinder for you (or anyone else wanting one). Static diving version, as discussed.
          Alright good sir! I've saved up the funds for this and would like to purchase it. Where do i need to go to start that process?:)

Thanks again,
          ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            Welcome to my underwater realm!
            • Aug 2009

Just shoot me an email at sales(at)nautilusdrydocks.com with your name and address and I'll pop you an invoice. Supa-easy!

Bob

Comment

• matthewnimmo
              Commander
              • Dec 2011

Just shoot me an email at sales(at)nautilusdrydocks.com with your name and address and I'll pop you an invoice. Supa-easy!

Bob
              Sent you an email the other day! Figured probably out blowing things up for the 4th, but just shoot me an invoice whenever you are ready.

Thanks again,

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                Commander
                • Dec 2011

Bob
                Hey Bob, i just saw you sent me a refund? While I don't mind that, i'm really ok waiting for super Dave and for yourself to get back in business (I can't really build the sub without the SD anyhow). Is the issue just a time thing, or are you guys not able to put together the SD?

Thanks again in advance!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hey Bob, i just saw you sent me a refund? While I don't mind that, i'm really ok waiting for super Dave and for yourself to get back in business (I can't really build the sub without the SD anyhow). Is the issue just a time thing, or are you guys not able to put together the SD?

Thanks again in advance!

The bottle-neck with this product is me. Bob has been most supportive with this new products development and gentile reminders to me as to its status.

Now, as to the delay: I came up with some health issues of late (on the mend now) that have taken me down a few notches in the attention and dexterity departments (medication adjustment and exercise are addressing that issue) -- things I need to have in good order to produce a 'new' product like your SD.

Through all that I've continued work on the Nautilus Drydocks line of SD's -- production work, which I can handle right now. And the delay in producing your SD is exacerbated by the quickly advancing 'model boating season' here on the east coast -- which I have to prepare for. And there you have it: the two principle causes of the delay in producing the 1.25" static type SD you need for your little Type-23.

After the last October event (the North Carolina 'fleet-run') I'll sit down and perfect that little SD and get it off to Bob -- but only after I've produced a trouble-free, reliable product for you. Your patience and understanding in this matter is most appreciated, matthewnimmo. You're a good customer, and good customers should be taken care of.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0042.JPG Views:	2 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	123401

David
                  Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 09-25-2017, 06:33 AM.
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    Welcome to my underwater realm!
                    • Aug 2009

Thanks again in advance!
                    Matthew, Sorry for the delay. I think Dave did a great job summarizing where we're at. Standard stuff is pretty quick for turnaround, but custom jobs really throw a wrench into things from a timing perspective. I'll keep on with Dave and we'll get back to you ASAP on this.

In the meantime, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Bob

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                      Commander
                      • Dec 2011

Matthew, Sorry for the delay. I think Dave did a great job summarizing where we're at. Standard stuff is pretty quick for turnaround, but custom jobs really throw a wrench into things from a timing perspective. I'll keep on with Dave and we'll get back to you ASAP on this.

In the meantime, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Bob
                      I guess this is to both you guys:). Ill tuck away yhe refund money for when you guys are ready. Ill check back with you guys at the end of October (unless you guys ping me first). Thanks to the both of you for quick response! Bob, i pray that the hurricanes didnt mess with you too much! Dave, we go back to my Gato days:). I pray that you continue to mend! You both are talented and im blessed to be working with you both

Thanks again,

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                        Commander
                        • Dec 2011

The bottle-neck with this product is me. Bob has been most supportive with this new products development and gentile reminders to me as to its status.

Now, as to the delay: I came up with some health issues of late (on the mend now) that have taken me down a few notches in the attention and dexterity departments (medication adjustment and exercise are addressing that issue) -- things I need to have in good order to produce a 'new' product like your SD.

Through all that I've continued work on the Nautilus Drydocks line of SD's -- production work, which I can handle right now. And the delay in producing your SD is exacerbated by the quickly advancing 'model boating season' here on the east coast -- which I have to prepare for. And there you have it: the two principle causes of the delay in producing the 1.25" static type SD you need for your little Type-23.

After the last October event (the North Carolina 'fleet-run') I'll sit down and perfect that little SD and get it off to Bob -- but only after I've produced a trouble-free, reliable product for you. Your patience and understanding in this matter is most appreciated, matthewnimmo. You're a good customer, and good customers should be taken care of.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN0042.JPG Views:	2 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	123401

David
                        Hey David! Figured I would check in to see if you guys made any progress or are free now to start making progress on the SD? Anyhow, hope you are doing well and i hope the events went well!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                          Commander
                          • Dec 2011

Hey guys, im out in the deer woods on vacation; but i thought i'd check in to see if there is anymore thoughts on this custom build SD? It's ok if the answer is "well, we just can't do it" and i'll scrap the idea and think of something else. Just like to see what's going on.

Thanks again,

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hey guys, im out in the deer woods on vacation; but i thought i'd check in to see if there is anymore thoughts on this custom build SD? It's ok if the answer is "well, we just can't do it" and i'll scrap the idea and think of something else. Just like to see what's going on.

Thanks again,
                            I recently dropped the fittings kit line to free up time for this and other obligations, William. Right now I'm preparing models for the last run of the season, Next week I rejoin the effort to produce a viable static type SD for you. Thanks for your patience.

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                              Commander
                              • Dec 2011

I recently dropped the fittings kit line to free up time for this and other obligations, William. Right now I'm preparing models for the last run of the season, Next week I rejoin the effort to produce a viable static type SD for you. Thanks for your patience.

David
                              Hey David, no rush or pressure; but i figured i'd touch back a month later to see if you've had any luck with the SD? I hope the last run of the season went well! I don't really expect anything before Christmas; but thought I would drop a line.

Thanks again in advance,

Matthew

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                                Commander
                                • Dec 2011

David
                                Hey Dave, still no rush but i thought i would drop another linee

thanks again

Comment

Working...