Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Well done Mate. I have warned PayPal to standby for imminent activity.
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    It's looking good Bart,
    I must admit, i never have the gutts to start a webproject like you, i know you as a serious builder which has the same deformation for details as i have, so you are half the way to success.

Manfred.
    Thks guy's !!

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    It's looking good Bart,
    I must admit, i never have the gutts to start a webproject like you, i know you as a serious builder which has the same deformation for details as i have, so you are half the way to success.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by bwi 971

Thks David, I wrote it in December......I made a promise to behave and to be a gentleman in that month…...so I guess they were lucky LOL.

If you offer to make the propeller still stands I will start with the stern first, make the tooling’s, cast it and sent it over to you?

grtz,
    Bart

Excellent. Send it over when you can, Bart.

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Well done Mate. I have warned PayPal to standby for imminent activity.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Congratulations Bart! I like your webpage and will continue to watch (maybe spend money - If I can ever save any)! Blessings!
    Thks Tom, I appriciate it......and congrads with your VP seat in the subcommitee......good to see that you're at the steering wheel.

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by Davidh
    Well done, Bart.

I took the leap of setting up a web page and selling my stuff. Admittedly my kits are not as detailed as yours and David's however, I have been getting orders and the feedback has been positive.

You will have success, in Terms of interest,. You will just need to find the right "operating tempo" that works for you.

regards

David H

https://zerobubblemodeldesign.jimdo.com

My operating tempo depends on the situ and on the person who you asked the question too.......the answer of "she who must be obeyed" will quite differ from mine.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Good looking site, Bart. And it was very classy of you to acknowledge those who contributed to your participation in this exacting business.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

David
    Thks David, I wrote it in December......I made a promise to behave and to be a gentleman in that month…...so I guess they were lucky LOL.

If you offer to make the propeller still stands I will start with the stern first, make the tooling’s, cast it and sent it over to you?

grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Congratulations Bart! I like your webpage and will continue to watch (maybe spend money - If I can ever save any)! Blessings!

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Well done, Bart.

I took the leap of setting up a web page and selling my stuff. Admittedly my kits are not as detailed as yours and David's however, I have been getting orders and the feedback has been positive.

You will have success, in Terms of interest,. You will just need to find the right "operating tempo" that works for you.

regards

David H

Model kits of Radio Control Submarines. Six kits are on offer. Five are Cold war era Nuclear submarines and one is a World War One U-Boat.. These kits are fibreglass and are scale models of full size vessels.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Good looking site, Bart. And it was very classy of you to acknowledge those who contributed to your participation in this exacting business.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied

I have not been sitting on my butt all the time (actually I did but I was VICTOR III related) ....the designing faze is over.

In addition to the above I made the decision (finally) to start up my own side business.

After the AKULA was finished people approached me asking to make replicas of the sub for them. I wanted to but I did not design the mouldings with making replicas in mind, the scribing lines for instance were not integrated in them.
    Another thing was the fact that people would pay money for it and I did not want to upset the general administration of taxes in Belgium.

During the development of the VICTOR III I decided that by starting a side business I would not have to say no anymore. I can sell the VICTOR III hull’s and keep my night rest and the general administration of taxes as a friend.

Night rest I had very little of lately as I have made my own website in html code. Yes I’m cheap, so I wrote it myself without any knowledge of html, wont recommend it, but here you can find the result.

Hope to post some progress here by the end of the month.

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• Trident
    replied
    If you guys wish, when you get the masters made for the bow planes (non functioning), make a couple of castings and I can make the working bow planes (articulating flaps) and return them to Dave as the "functioning masters" as a contribution to this project. Note: I can make the trailing edge work to a 50 to150 percentage of the angle of the main plane. I would suggest starting with 1 to 1. It is my understanding that a plane/rudder can go at up to 37 degrees of attack before it looses effectiveness. So with 1 to 1 the main bow plane can go to a 37 deg plane and the flap will go to 37 deg to the main plane or 74 deg to the longitudinal plane of the boat. I have found that this significantly increases the effectiveness of small rudders or planes.

Kevin R.
    Last edited by Trident; 04-09-2017, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    How about option-3? We don't make the stabilizer (here I would call it an auxillery stern plane) practical, we just scribe its outline into the horizontal stabilizers and be done with it. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the auxillery stern planes deflected. So, let's keep the ass-end simple: just the main stern planes. And yes, I agree with the 'red line' as the center of rotation there.

Yeah, 'flap-plane'. And I hate you too, pal. Detail nut? Indeed. You've simply got to hook-up with Kevin one of these days -- he's a maniac when it comes to such goodies.

Don't fret about the articulated bow planes. Kevin Rimrodt has already worked out the drag-link for such a camber-changing arrangement. I'll break out the masters, take pictures and show you how simple that is. As you suggest, all we need is a fixed point concentric to the operating shaft to hold the link (which acts as a bell-crank, deflecting the trailing edge as the rest of the control surface rotates.

David
    The Horrible

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    David,

I'm working (drawing) on the rear planes.
    We have the main and the stabilizer.
    I’m drawing them as one (the stabilizer will be part of the main);
    We have two options:
    • Yellow line on picture; Pivot the whole around the stabilizer (semi balanced, will result in flow restrictions over the main)
    • Red line on picture, Pivot the whole around the main plane (balanced, when angled the trim plane will look like an extension to the main, at 0° angle it will appear like a real trim plane)
    Think the last will be most effective (that means the radius of the leading edge will be opposite between the stabilizer and main).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear planes001.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	121025

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Are you going to articulate (variable camber) the bow planes?

David
    You mean we make the "flap plane" work. Are you trying to kill me mr Horrible?
    Pulling my strings aren’t you. I hate you,
    I think I can draw a workable flap plane, and sent you all the required dimensions regarding the povot points. We need to work with a fixed bushing/guide on with we can fix the pivot arm for the flap. We can pull this off.

(Please remember I'm the detail nut here).

grtz,
    Bart

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    If dims are not ok, I can adapt them, I don't know if the inch measurements are workable for you, converted them from mm.

I have the whole weekend to myself to do some more drawing.

I will do the tail first, maybe I can squeeze out the rudders and planes to, so you have dimensions on them.

Ok on keeping this on the forum, no problem.

grtz,
    bart

Leave a comment:

Working...