Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Thank you Your Worship. I'm trying. Having a bit of trouble with the prop shaft exiting the rear stab before it hits the hull. Is there any chance that the shafts are angled inwards? Can't tell from the drawing that I have.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1017.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	454.3 KB
ID:	118400
    My drawings of the ROMEO (excellent dry-dock type) are buried in the storage box in the driveway and I can't get at them right now. I built 10 for a contractor years ago. If I remember, the shafts were near or were parallel to the boats centerline. Those models were of boats built by the Chinese, were being upgraded by Librascope and other outfits, and were to go to the Egyptians'. Each model was a 'gift' presented to the CO of each boat.

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Thank you Your Worship. I'm trying. Having a bit of trouble with the prop shaft exiting the rear stab before it hits the hull. Is there any chance that the shafts are angled inwards? Can't tell from the drawing that I have.Click image for larger version

Views:	175
Size:	454.3 KB
ID:	118400

Leave a comment:

replied
    A wonderfully well executed project! Nice.

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Views:	193
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	118378Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	118377 This is the deck vent plan.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Nice work Scott,

Will have are to organise after Christmas or new year to see Resolution and the 'Dear Leaders" boat. It's looking nice!

dave

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    More work on the Dear Leaser's chariot. Getting the basic shape right and starting to fit the appendages.

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	118356

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Nice work , scott

As mentioned Fantastic work with or without an imitation plastic hatch plug "dear leader" with obligatory adoring crowds of half starved army soldiers standing on the rear deck creating drag whilst the dear leader tells the sub commander how to do his job because he obviously doesn't know.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Working on the basic hull. Almost there.

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	118290

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Oh dear..... I have all kinds of inappropriate images flooding my over worked brain. "Hatch plug" might become a new and well used term around my gaff.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    New Chinese colour scheme - although this one might end up in North Korean green. Just depends on whether I can find a 1/96 scale fat little ****er to stand in the open hatch.

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	118270
    Correction: "Jammed tight in the open hatch". Or, what we used to call a fat guy on the boat, 'hatch-plug'.

David

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Scott,

I want one, with or without a fat little bad hair cut on the bridge.

Dave h

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    New Chinese colour scheme - although this one might end up in North Korean green. Just depends on whether I can find a 1/96 scale fat little ****er to stand in the open hatch.

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	118270

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied

Name:	IMG_0988.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	118233
    Originally posted by bwi 971

I like the trumpeter kit, but I even more like the model underneath, although you try to cover the spoiler with the kit I'm sure that is a R8.

Your idea of the mesh is brilliant, would have been awesome if that had turned out as you had planned. I don’t have any experience with 3D printing but maybe the resolution wasn’t fine enough, just wild guessing here.

Grtz,
    Bart

Bingo! It belongs to my wife - like everything else around here, including me!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied

I'm amazed you can cope with it so good David, you stayed polite and limited yourself to 4 sentences.
    Jeez that must be some strong pills you take.

Grtz,
    Bart

Resistance is futile.

Leave a comment:

replied

I'm amazed you can cope with it so good David, you stayed polite and limited yourself to 4 sentences.
    Jeez that must be some strong pills you take.

Grtz,
    Bart

smart-ass!

David
    The Horrible

Leave a comment:

Working...