1/96 Romeo - Wherefor art thou?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman407
    replied
    There are those who "make things happen". Then there are those who say "what happened"?

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Some people just have the knack of things ya know

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    That looks really amazing already! Looking forward to learning from you.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    started a topic 1/96 Romeo - Wherefor art thou?

1/96 Romeo - Wherefor art thou?

I've been resisting this madness for some time now but the urge is once more upon me and I have submitted with a whimper and a shrug. I cut a centre board to the dimensions shown on my new Romeo plan (supplied by Gantu - much thanks, Mate) so that whole affair would be rigid and relatively close to the final, scale dimensions. Then I stuck a bunch of foam to it, cut slots at the points that had frame information on, made the frames in clear acetate, cut them in half and glued them into the slots.

Then came the sanding, and the sanding and later some more sanding. This is what the hull looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0967.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	117967

Those little acetate frames might look flimsy, but when they are glued in they provide just the right amount of resistance to let you know that you are at the right depth.
    After I had the hull roughed out I did some work on the tower.

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	117968

Once I'm happy witht the overall shape I'll coat the foam with something. Glass or drywall filler - not sure which just yet. Learning, learning, learning.

Name:	IMG_0960.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	117969

I'll get on to the appendages while I work out the best way to cover the hull.
Working...