Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

I was able to do a little work on the hull, completed touch-up on weld seams, sanded, primed, and painted the hull. It is hard not to want to spend a lot of time working on the details and proper painting, but the goal in mind is complete the boat. Maybe this will give you an idea of the amount of seams I had to fix......
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC_23.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	65867
    Like I mentioned earlier, I re-did the pushrods. I also tested the range of my bow plane, rudder, and stern planes.

Name:	WTC_24.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	65868
    The forward most servos have the pushrod coming in from the bottom and the aft two have the pushrod coming in from the top. This creates a clearance if the pushrods should cross. The new pushrod in pushrod bearing (Marked D. or Stern Plane) was tight again. I am sure that the brass rod has a variance to it, a little variance and it gets super tight. I sanded with 1200 grit paper. Chucking up the brass rod into the bit, I turned the rod at a slow speed and moved the sand paper up and down to try to keep it even. Then applied a lot of silicon oil to the rod and worked it through the bearing and moved through its paces seeing if it would get better. It did get better.

Name:	WTC_25.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	65869
    Last edited by trout; 07-28-2012, 01:41 AM.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Should I continue on this thread or continue this in the builders section?
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Might be better to move it. Looking good!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Will do, well, have done. the continued build is here: https://forum.rc-sub.com/forum/build...more-part-duex
          Part Two!

Thank you for following the thread.
          Last edited by trout; 11-26-2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• oztruck
            Commander
            • May 2010

I for one will be watching. looking forward to seeing it in the water. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Chris

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Thank you - it should be soon. All the electronics are on their way from Caswell. I have taken an extra day off next week (Monday) and will spend time working on her. On a separate note:
              It has been fun sharing and building friendships while doing this build.
              Chris, you are a well deserved winner and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...