X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishb0y
    Lieutenant
    • Jul 2023

Chase's Nautilus 3D Print

I recently got a QIDI MAX 3 for bigger prints for ABS in a warm chamber. Still playing around with the settings, but I went ahead and printed Chase's Nautilus from Bob's site. Despite needing a lot of material for the thick walls and 100% infill, the parts look pretty good. Right now, I'm in the never-ending process of priming and sanding the hull for a somewhat smooth finish. With all this sanding, I don't think I've working my right arm like this since my adolescence.

I'm tweaking the print by adding some stern planes to the Aft section and making the hole for the prop bigger to fit this huge prop I found – fingers crossed I don't end up frying any speed controllers.

I know enough to get by in Fusion, and with an Educator's license, I get to use almost all the cool features of the Pro version. I managed to design and print out the saloon windows and some portholes with clear PETG. I'm taking some Fusion classes at the local Maker Space, aiming to get better at making 3D models. I'm hoping to redesign the helm and spotlight to a more "organic" shape for the LED lighting.

Stay tuned for more as I add this boat into my other 85% completed projects!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautilus3.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	178887 Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautilus2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	178888 Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautilus.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	178889
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

LOL. Yeah. I can't even pick up a pencil with my left, but can crush a Volkswagen with my right.

Finish this one!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

I would LOVE to see this completed. I have a couple of these hulls that were printed out years ago as work-in-process when I was working with Frank. My dream would be to have one of these in 32nd scale next to my (eventually to be completed) 35th Disney Nautilus.

Comment

Working...