X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Disney Nautilus "Supersub" complete!

Well... its been a long trip, but I'm very happy to say that I've completed what I've termed my "SuperSub" build for a good friend up in New York. The finished project looks great and while I still have a few small things to address, it is basically in its final display form. This is a display model only.

This has been a huge learning experience for me and I was forced to engineer a ton of features that I had no idea how to tackle when I first started. Did they turn out perfectly? Well.. no, not all of them. But I am happy with the overall effect of everything, and it will be a great display piece for its new owner.

A couple of the features that I built into the model did not pan out as I'd hoped. Specifically, the breathers underwent some shipping damage when I moved houses this summer. The break occured internally, and unless someone knows of a good proctologist I will consider the damage irreversible. Scratch the breathers. Also, some of you may remember my operational spiral speed indicator. Worked great until after I got things sealed up and let it sit for six months. After that time the assembly seized and the internal belt popped off. Scratch feature #2...

Thankfully, the rest of the build has proved to be vastly more bulletproof and after a few weeks of constant operation and display in my home, it seems to be standing the test of time well.

Take a look and let me know what you think!

This is the completed build of the now out of production Custom Replicas CR66" Nautilus kit in 1/32 scale. The build features operational salon iris, workin...
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

MUSEUM QUALITY PAR EXCELLANCE!!! Looks like you have a million man hours in it!
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

AMAZING! Incredible! A work of art! I could keep on going, but all that to say Thank You for sharing your talent!
      Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I'll have to join in with Mark and Tom here. Bill: WoW!

A work of art indeed. I watched the video just a few minutes ago. Ellie and I are still slack-jawed!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Anuci
          Banned
          • Aug 2008

It's the "Creme de la Creme" of Disney Nautilus, Bob. It actually does belong in a Muesum, The Disney Museum, for sure.

You've out did yourself once again, and if I'm not mistaken you began this build back in the latter part of 2009. Well, she has sure come a long way from that point.

That paint/weathering detail is spot on! It's worth at least a million bucks. : )
          Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!

Al,
          Last edited by Anuci; 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...