X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Crude but effective

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

It kinda emulates your mantra RB219, it is simple and it works! -do you suppose that resin was polyester? on styro? - must be poly foam.

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

I like how he combine the cylindrical WTC with the square top access panel, although the union between the two is potential leak point. Simpler to use a cylinder with a flange and bolt on endcaps. For ballast system I would use a readily available windshield wiper pump together with a pinch valve.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
        ...I would use a readily available windshield wiper pump together with a pinch valve.
        Will you?!

Will you actually build/assemble/tinker/slap together ANYTHING?!

Ever?

Or is your function here just to be a 'thought starter'?

There's a broad gulf between I would, and I did.

DO SOMETHING!!!!

David
        Tired of the Endless Talk

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Hmmm. Actually, more like a procastinator. I've started building but never finished anything yet. My wife keeps telling me if I don't finish my project(s) she'll cut my "membership" off!
          Last edited by redboat219; 10-14-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Are you sure you heard correctly? Are you sure it was membership and not member off? LOL
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
              Hmmm. Actually, more like a procastinator. I've started building but never finished anything yet. My wife keeps telling me if I don't finish my project(s) she'll cut my "membership" off!
              I offer you public humiliation and damnation from up on high. However, my wrath is of little consequence; my expressions of displeasure with your non-performance pales in comparison to the horrible punitive methods of retribution at the disposal of, she-who-must-be-obeyed!

Don't perform and I can only hurl insults. Big whiff.

However, if you don't produce some product, and she puts her foot down, and you'll find your sad ass confined to the downstairs couch. Your new sleeping arrangement accompanied by a thorny wilderness of stink-eye and venom dribbling two- word sentences.

BUILD SOMETHING!!! For the love of God! Save yourself.

David
              The Horrible
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...