• Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Sunday morning with friends at Lake Ronkonkoma

Short but good, she does her thing!

Real world trials: 2017-08-06: Lake Ronkonkoma

Hard to hold one's cell phone to video while drivin'-n-divin'!

Ray Mason's 1/72 ALFA had a tougher time in the worst of it while Irving Lloyds Thunder Tiger NEPTUNE tended to settle and bounce along the bottom!!
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

Nice Edward.....obvious question.....what do you use

A: pitch controller
    B: dept controller
    C: both

Brand?

Someone on this forum (can't remember who, manfred maybe) made the sugestion to HWSNBN to fit the camara/cell phone to a cap....hands free then and always following the sub

Grtz,
    Bart
    Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by bwi 971
      Nice Edward.....obvious question.....what do you use

A: pitch controller
      B: dept controller
      C: both

Brand?

Someone on this forum (can't remember who, manfred maybe) made the sugestion to HWSNBN to fit the camara/cell phone to a cap....hands free then and always following the sub

Grtz,
      Bart
      A. Yes: Nautilus Drydocks AD2 (angle-keeper)
      B. No electronic depth keeper installed. Fine depth control is done manually via F/W Planes after I adjust stern planes (at the give ordered bell)

Also, the model weighs in at the shy end of 40 lbs dry (wet hull boat). So there is a LOT of inherent stability due to it's mass alone, something the smaller scales boats tend to lack. Ray's AFLA bounced around even when submerged. I use 12V, 7.5 AH SLA batteries for their mass (along with less cost price wise and energy volume) installed. I used to have only one and got bored after two hours running time, but added a second this past refit just to increase mass. It will probably last all day at a meet now requiring me to go thru TX batteries lol. We ran for an hour this time and had barely ANY voltage drop afterwards.

Yeah, I left the GOPRO home and am going to outfit a head strap for it. I'm just afraid I'll make everyone seasick with my ADD!

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...