X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MFR1964
    Detail Nut of the First Order
    • Sep 2010

Subsail 2016 Biddinghuizen

A short Vid and some pictures regarding last Monday, one of these guys has build some animal-like subs, you can see his Puffer fish in the vid and for the first time i met a German V80 builder, scale 1:30, a nice little gritter, a nice surprice, enjoy

Manfred.
    I went underground
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

Nice Manfred, sorry I was not attending the event, I have troubles with some of my spinal disks resulting in an almost immobilized right arm. The Akula is staring @ me begging to get finished but it's a no-no for the moment.

Grtz Bart
    Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Bart, Im so sorry to hear that. I hope that you are on the mend and will be back at it soon.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• bwi 971
        Captain
        • Jan 2015

Thks Mark, I hope to. It"s frustrating but not the end of the world. The good thing is that I have now time to do some recherche for my next project a FOXTROT class 1/72.

Grtz,
        Bart
        "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Bart what are you thinking? A 1/144 Akula; a 1/72 Foxtrot - surely you can see that 1/96 is the perfect scale for a Foxtrot! I have a vested interes because I want one. I'll do you a deal; I'll send you a 1/96 Piranha and you send me a 1/96 Foxtrot. Or we could just do a 1/96 Borei?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Bart! ... you wheenie! You still got one good arm. Get to it!

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

You are a cruel man Master, but fair.

Comment

• MFR1964
                • Sep 2010

Don't let them fool you, you have the akula they desire, fix that spinal cord and get well my friend<br />
                <br />
                Manfred
                I went underground

Comment

• bwi 971
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2015

Thks guys
                  grtz,
                  Bart
                  "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• bwi 971
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HardRock
                    Bart what are you thinking? A 1/144 Akula; a 1/72 Foxtrot - surely you can see that 1/96 is the perfect scale for a Foxtrot! I have a vested interes because I want one. I'll do you a deal; I'll send you a 1/96 Piranha and you send me a 1/96 Foxtrot. Or we could just do a 1/96 Borei?

As you will have noticed I like detailing so 1/144 will be frustrating. 1/96 you only will have a beam of 77mm (3") and that beam is very limited in length so it will be 1/72 she will measure 1249 x 103 x 82mm (49 x4 x3.2").

I went through the Foxtrot built from David here despite the issues he had with the third party hulls I loved the wonderful detailing he did on it. Those figures he made and especially how he did it is insane, it’s inspiring all the way.

Furthermore 100km from where I live there is a 1/1 scale foxtrot on display so I can go "Manfred" on the detailing .

As it’s not a cigar shaped hull type it will be again a learning curve for me. If it’s turns out good enough to see the daylight I think I will do a few, not quite sure about that though it must stay a hobby for me.

Regarding the Piranha class that is on my wish list too but in scale 1/33. If I start with that one I will be knocking on your door for sure Scott, I like your build of her…great looking.

The Borei is not on my list for now and if it was we would have to take a DM class in order to be able to make the pump-jet for it. (the DELTA IV is on the list but that will be a 1/144 scale again)

Grtz,
                    Bart
                    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• MFR1964
                      • Sep 2010

The Pufferfish i was talking about, nice little thing, the guy which builded the little thing explained it will be used at meetings to give people a chance to play around with a mini-sub, he made it look like a fish because normal subs don't have the Wow factor for those people, as long as he stirs up the interest for subs i don't mind.

Manfred.
                      I went underground

Comment

• MFR1964
                        • Sep 2010

Another one, made with a GoPro on a stick, the water was clear compared to the previous years, normally it's green soup, visibility around 2 feet.

Manfred.
                        I went underground

Comment

• bwi 971
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2015

I liked the sub with the towed array.....you can not accomplish that if you want to.

Is the fish Raf's work? The idea behind it is good, hope it's pays off and attracts new crazy people.

Grtz,
                          Bart
                          "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• redboat219
                            Admiral
                            • Dec 2008

Do you have any info about that sub with the towed array?
                            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• MFR1964
                              • Sep 2010

Yes that's Raf's work, he decided to follow the animal trail, that sub with the array is from Norbert Bruggen it's called Horus, that array is a fiberoptic cable which sends the commands and video as well<br />
                              <br />
                              Manfred.
                              I went underground

Comment

Working...