X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davjacva
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2022

Some Things Are Easily Lost

While working around the shop today, I had to go up into the attic for some stuff and found this: It's a 1/8 scale Tiger I that I bought way back in 2005. I sold it to a buddy on here (Brian Stark), but he didn't do anything with it. He wasn't moving out of the area and dumping a lot of stuff and gave it back. I have no time for it in this lifetime. There's actually a motor set for it. Parts, tracks, etc. The worst offending item to me is the barrel, but one would be easy to turn on a wood lathe or a makeshift one. If anyone would like it, please let me know. The price is FREE, but it needs to be picked up, and I'm definitely not paying postage. If someone's interested and would like more photos, also, let me know.
    Attached Files
  • Ken_NJ
    Captain
    • Sep 2014

Jake, more tanks! I see a tank hanging on the wall in your shop with your subs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=175434.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	175641
    Last edited by Ken_NJ; 11-10-2023, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Davjacva
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Nov 2022

Ken, looks are decieving. In that box by that tank are two all-metal 1/16 FAMO halftracks and an IMAI Elefant (big dollar-ultra rare model), stripped down and ready to start a rebuild. I will start posting tank work, got tons of it documented.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Tanks?!... someone say tanks. (grabbing crotch: I got your tanks right here, pal!)

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davjacva
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Nov 2022

Name:	Clean1 009.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	175783
          This is a photo of 4 of my Tamiya Tiger I's. Each one is different and reflects different production versions. A lot of scratch-building and new disciplines to learn. The 2nd one in the photo has the early mudguards in the front. I made the pattern and Merriman showed me how to photo-etch to get those. This was back in 2003.

Comment

• Davjacva
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Nov 2022

Name:	Jagdtiger I 001.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	175785
            In 2004, I scratched out this Jagdtiger using the Tamiya King Tiger kit as the base. Everything above the deck is scratched out. The gun cradle I did with a resistance soldering unit. Merriman showed me how to work a lathe and I did the gun, mantlet, and all the interior mounts for the gun. Dave also had shown me the 'light'. Using auto-body filler and Nitro-Stan. Before I was scratching out turrets with Milliput and Squadron putty...yes, it sucked.

Comment

Working...