Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

That seems large. A lot of bubbles, but limited travel? How far does the torpedo travel?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bassplayer1
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Mar 2010

I really don't know, I haven't tested it in open water yet but loks powerful enough so I would think about 3-4m easily!

Comment

• MFR1964
        Detail Nut of the First Order
        • Sep 2010

Nice shot indeed, can you show some action how the shutters work?, want to see how you solved that.

Manfred.
        I went underground

Comment

• bassplayer1
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Mar 2010

I'll do that Manfred, I will make a video. It's based on your idea anyway!

Comment

• bassplayer1
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Mar 2010

There you go Manfred, that's how I did it

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MFR1964
              Nice shot indeed, can you show some action how the shutters work?, want to see how you solved that.
              Manfred.
              Manfred, I am presently working on developing a shutter door system for the type IX and Gato, Both similar rub door arrangement with bore door intigration. Off one single action pushrod, or rotating shaft. Not sure which way to go yet. Limited space in 1/72 scale. I have it figgured out on paper, but yet to build a prototype. The larger scale boats, may be the subject of the test experiment. Havent been able to do much modeling lately so all projects on hold untill fishing season is over and the weather turns to crap.

Comment

• MFR1964
                Detail Nut of the First Order
                • Sep 2010

Thanks for the vid.

Like you know, i love mechanics, it's always refreshing to look inside the kitchen of somebody else, do you leave it by one tube?

Von,
                Can you show some drawings?

Manfred.
                I went underground

Comment

• bassplayer1
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Mar 2010

Yeah, just one tube for the time being Manfred!

Comment

• Von Hilde
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MFR1964
                    Thanks for the vid.
                    Like you know, i love mechanics, it's always refreshing to look inside the kitchen of somebody else, do you leave it by one tube?
                    Von,Can you show some drawings?Manfred.
                    will be posting pictures of the drawings in a few days, soon as I can some time. Somehow another project fell out of the sky and landed in my lap. Company is comming and I have to build some steps, before they get here. Might have to hire somebody to do that kind of work. Im too old to carry lumber, and pour concrete, but, I can sit by the dock and fish and supervise a couple of young workers one afternoon.

Comment

Working...