1/48 G7 Torpedos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Got the the internal chassis designed and printed yesterday that the motor, timer module, reed switch and LiPo mount to and keeps everything tidy and concentric to the rest of the parts. Tested the finished assembled chassis and everything worked as it should. Ran for 5 seconds then shut off. Just need to finish the tail fin section and mount the prop and prop shaft. Then hopefully do some wet testing after the ballasting is checked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hi Nick
    I sent you a private message.
    George

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    George,

Thank you, but nothing new here that hasn’t already been done by many others before me. The nose and tail pieces are 3D printed parts I printed that I may or may not use as masters for resin pieces if needed. The design files for these pieces are mine that I created in CAD using declassified blueprints of G7A and G7E torpedoes.

Nick

Sneak peek of the almost finished guts
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• a1965l
    replied
    Following with interest. I have a 1/48 type IX waiting in the wings...

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hi, is the tail and nose 3D printed? IF so, your file or from where? Nice looking so far.

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    started a topic 1/48 G7 Torpedos

1/48 G7 Torpedos

Some parts for the 1/48 scale G7 torpedos I’ve been designing and gathering parts for, for my type VII build. Hoping to be able to finish the first prototype soon and if successful, test it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Monahan Steam Models; 06-20-2020, 02:03 PM.
Working...