X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Merriman Torpedoes close up photos from video

As a privalleged Beta tester of the Merriman / Caswell 1/72 torpedo system I have been following the discussion about suggested tweaks to the system along with David's improvements with great interest.

One question I have been asked over and over is regarding still and video photograph of these fish and sadly the only video I have is rather poor quality. As far as photos go, well I can't drive, shoot fish, and work a camera, and to be honest I have had many a skilled photographer show me countless photos of clear water as they struggled even with me vocally announcing a shot to get some pictures.

Here below however I have managed to grab some stills of the video I do have - as bad as it is it shows the effectiveness and genius behind the system. Note the bubbles exiting the tubes too, yes you do get a bit of bow up with each shot. Note also from the time on the video how fast (if you wanted to) you can get shots off one after the other.

To date I have over 100 hours of testing / shooting these fish and in the workshop re the on board boat setup. In fact in one day at the dam I went through 6 cans of propel. I plan to get stuck into looking at servo (mechanical) release activations as soon as I can find some time. Its a good system and an exciting addition to our fine hobby.

Best

John
    Last edited by Slats; 01-21-2011, 12:15 AM. Reason: deleted superfluous photo
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

I'm hoping that my new underwater camera will arrive any day. I also have a Fischer Scientific camera and I intend to mount that on a model and then take video of the model from 'on-board' and close up in front. Maybe we can get those elusive shots!

All we need now is a big thaw. See live webcam of the canal
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Scott T
      Commander
      • May 2009

Mr. Caswell you have a error message on your web cam page.

Scott T

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Scott T
        Mr. Caswell you have a error message on your web cam page.

Scott T

Yes, it was down, loose wire - now good! Thanks

Enjoy the snow!
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...