sub-driver Torpedo Launchers still for sale?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny727
    Ensign
    • May 2016

sub-driver Torpedo Launchers still for sale?

I no longer see the 1:72 scale Torpedoes and Launch systems listed on the Sub-driver website. Are these still for sale? Looking for 3 more launchers for my L.A Class. Thanks!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Jonny, I believe that all torp related materials have been discontinued due to lack of intetest
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I agree with Mark, it was a high assembly cost (time and materials) and not enough interest to make it a top performer for inventory. Well made and brilliant design.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• jonny727
        Ensign
        • May 2016

ok thanks for responding. That's too bad. I would have purchased more earlier if I had known. I've been trying to get the rest of the boat built before adding the 'accessories'. Agree -they are definitely a fine piece of craftsmanship.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Get your sub running. Post pictures here and in time, you may be able to find a couple.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
            I agree with Mark, it was a high assembly cost (time and materials) and not enough interest to make it a top performer for inventory. Well made and brilliant design.
            Yep! Too many things to do, and not enough time. I hate to lose these things but HWSNBN can't do it all, so we're streamlining everything. No more custom jobs, no more 'favors'. No more freebies. WYSIWYG applies now.
            Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Oh. What's WYSIWYG stand for?

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Probably " what you so intently wish you had gotten"

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Or perhaps what you see is what you get

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer

Yep! Too many things to do, and not enough time. I hate to lose these things but HWSNBN can't do it all, so we're streamlining everything. No more custom jobs, no more 'favors'. No more freebies. WYSIWYG applies now.
                    ​Bingo!

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

Mike and David

understand - and if I may sorry for my e-mails which no doubt seem daft and annoying..

However, wanted to give you a heads up. My browser "Firefox" has had crappy time trying to see all your web pages. I could only see the "Easy kits" section which was not fit for my purposes. I am now using Google Chrome and successfully placed my order for a SD in kit form.

One thing I can't find on your website is the support pages for the subdriver motor end cap. I don't need a whole bible on instructions but an exploded view diagram / photos showing where and which order the various bearings, nuts, and washers go in would be good.

cheers

John
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                        Mike and David

understand - and if I may sorry for my e-mails which no doubt seem daft and annoying..

However, wanted to give you a heads up. My browser "Firefox" has had crappy time trying to see all your web pages. I could only see the "Easy kits" section which was not fit for my purposes. I am now using Google Chrome and successfully placed my order for a SD in kit form.

One thing I can't find on your website is the support pages for the subdriver motor end cap. I don't need a whole bible on instructions but an exploded view diagram / photos showing where and which order the various bearings, nuts, and washers go in would be good.

cheers

John
                        The motor bulkhead 'kits' are hardly that now, John. The unit comes completely assembled and functionally tested. And all penetrations checked for water-tightness.

For example: if you buy a two-motor, two-shaft 3.5 motor bulkhead it will comes with everything installed and tested, ready to be matted with your 3.5" WTC. What you get looks very much like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	037.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	114196

Yes, we used to sell them in kit form, but too many people were having trouble assembling them properly, so they now go out of the shop assembled and tested.

M

Attached Files
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Aug 2008

Thanks David
                          John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• george
                            Captain
                            • Dec 2010

Hello
                            Are those motor bulkhead assy. listed in the Caswell site with prices? All I could see is the Salt water simplified S.D sets.
                            George

Comment

• Slats
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
                              Hello
                              Are those motor bulkhead assy. listed in the Caswell site with prices? All I could see is the Salt water simplified S.D sets.
                              George

Yes they are - curiously are you using Firefox? - as I could not see half of the SD range using it. Google Chrome in my experience is much better for the Caswell site.

The links for the 3.5" SD motor bulkheads are here;

SD 3.5" Single Motor bulkhead http://sub-driver.com/index.php/sub-...khead-kit.html

SD 3.5" Single Motor bulkhead http://sub-driver.com/index.php/sub-...khead-kit.html

As per Davids post above these "kits" are shipped assembled.

Cheers

John
                              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...