• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andreas Pacholik
    Ensign
    • Aug 2015

Using your launcher/torps with Engel subs

Hi

I was wondering if its possible to use the launcher with Engels typhoon and type 7 subs??

Approx how fast does the torps travel??

Cause what I have seen on videos most peoples torps create to much forward motion and the resultat being that the torp doesn't travel straight.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    I would also be more interested in tje pneumatic launcher then the mechanical one.

Thank you

Andreas
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Andreas,
    I did not see anyone respond and I want you to know we care. The torpedoes sold by sub-driver.com are gas filled. I do not own them and so am speaking from what others have done and since those that own them did not speak up, you get me. These are like most gas ones. While these are designed very well small difference can make them run in a non-straight manner.
    These can be installed in any sub you want, the scale of these are 1/72, so you can take it from there. I tried to do a quick search for a video, but failed. Maybe someone else has a link.
    Peace,
    ​tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Andreas, I've played with Dave's system and it's actually pretty great to use. The weapons do run erratically, however, although if you keep playing with them, tweaking the fins and fill pressures, you can get somewhat reliable travel paths from them.

As mentioned above, the Sub-Driver system is 72nd scale, which is small for the boats that Engel has to offer...

Comment

Working...