X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Got Lube?

Yes I know that most model subs out there don't use cables for control...but this might be adaptable in certain situations.
    My Atlantis model uses Sullivan cables and the one for pitch control is a thin stainless steel twisted cable plated with copper (for soldering) my concern is corrosion of the copper in the plastic sheath...so I installed a lube fitting. Its made of silver brazed brass tube and lube port is the size of a standard spray lube applicator red tube. Now one or two squirts and the entire cable is pressure lubed when the day is over.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P2130018.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	169628
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

I've seen a lot of subs that use flexible control rods, such as Goldenrod. These are sometimes a nylon insert running in a teflon sleeve (or vice versa?). I've also seen lots of steel cable in tubes as well. This is a great idea, Bob.

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

Thanks Bob I was limited to an extremely flexible cable for the pitch control (.032) due to the combined articulation of the nozzles... The boat does have a golden rod completely plastic cable for steering... No lube required on that one.

Comment

Working...