X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JHapprich
    Captain
    • Oct 2017

Trimming circular bulkheads

A simple low-tech jig for the belt grinder in case you don't print your bulkheads:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_140105_copy_1200x1600.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	158299Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_143152_copy_1200x1600.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	158301Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_143535_copy_1200x1600.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	158297Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_143711_copy_1200x1600.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	158298
    Attached Files
  • gantu
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Perfect work good idea because i do have no lathe.
    Regards Gantu

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

I love to see the ingenuity! Like Carbine Williams...BG

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Variations on the theme:

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• JHapprich
          Captain
          • Oct 2017

Thank you! Gantu, i do most of my work with my drill press and several jigs. I even got a simple, heavy cross-table with two axis and milling bits to mill for it. Cost 50€! Besides, the best tool is the stationary belt-grinder that allows numerous applications. For the tech-rack i am constructing, i also use it with another jig installation to grind distance tubes to identical length and perpendicular edges.

Thanks Bob Gato! There are other installions depicted in my Mike build, too.

David, i am right, the thick roto-scribed ring is PU? How dimension-stable is such a large product? No shrinking over time?
          WHAT DO I SEE, a tolerance gap between thorn and pivot hole!?! FROM YOU!?!

In case Manfred is reading this, the big 700' engines are in! I went for the muscles!

Jörg

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JHapprich
            Thank you! Gantu, i do most of my work with my drill press and several jigs. I even got a simple, heavy cross-table with two axis and milling bits to mill for it. Cost 50€! Besides, the best tool is the stationary belt-grinder that allows numerous applications. For the tech-rack i am constructing, i also use it with another jig installation to grind distance tubes to identical length and perpendicular edges.

Thanks Bob Gato! There are other installions depicted in my Mike build, too.

David, i am right, the thick roto-scribed ring is PU? How dimension-stable is such a large product? No shrinking over time?
            WHAT DO I SEE, a tolerance gap between thorn and pivot hole!?! FROM YOU!?!

In case Manfred is reading this, the big 700' engines are in! I went for the muscles!

Jörg
            Those bulkheads were glass-shard reinforced epoxy resin -- that chemistry chosen just for the reason you identified, Jorg. Good catch. (I should never have removed those lonitudinal flanges!).

That slop de-tunes the work. If it was a tight tolerance the work would start to sing till it grabbed the blade resulting in a sudden kick-back (and possible loss of a finger or two). Ever see a grounded helicopter get into 'ground resonance'? Not pretty.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...