X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimm123
    Ensign
    • Aug 2010

making endcaps

i am currently trying something i believe is a new material for making WTC end caps. its for a very small sub about 7" long and 1" diam. i molded some polymer clay into the end of the wtc which also shapes the rear cone, once baked, this stuff can be carved, sanded, painted so it seems a viable option. i will post some pictures once i have some more work done to it like the O-ring seat and some sanding.

has anyone else tried using polymer clay on a sub?
  • Grimm123
    Ensign
    • Aug 2010

ok here is the test model i am using the sculpey polymer clay on. i got the O-ring installed without too much fuss, a little dremel work and a mini file.
    total model length is 5.8 inches :)
    Attached Files

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Looks interesting. Have you water tested it yet? Looks like it could certainly work. Where can you buy the stuff? You are using it on a small application. I am wondering how well it would work on a 3" or 3 1/2" WTC should the need arise.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
        Looks interesting. Have you water tested it yet? Looks like it could certainly work. Where can you buy the stuff? You are using it on a small application. I am wondering how well it would work on a 3" or 3 1/2" WTC should the need arise.
        If you need 3" / 3.5" buy them - IMHO not worth the effort of manufacture where low cost leak free components can be bought.
        J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Grimm123
          Ensign
          • Aug 2010

I would probably buy parts for a larger model, but for a little one like this its no problem. I bought mine at a craft store, but last night picked up about 1lb from walmart. The pound is nice and soft so should be easy to form. Our pool isn't open yet so its only been in the tub so far, but has not leaked at all yet.

Comment

Working...