X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ADDINGTON
    New build Cylinder for 80-inch DeBoer Seaview. Presumably it could function for quick air-out if desired between runs. Also, as the engine bulkhead is a wee tight, the top opening allows me to loosen the control rods at the servo and slide out the equipment tray which is connected to the forward bulkhead. Sorry to go off- topic a bit.
    I guess its not a bad way to provide the boat some fresh air if you don't need a battery change, and you don't want to disconnect the WTC from the boat. With kli-con (rare earth magnet) connections however I find that it doesn't take much time to remove the WTC.

Can't you pop off the front end (battery end cap), and ventilate the whole boat that way?
    J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• ADDINGTON
      Lieutenant
      • Sep 2008

I have used kli-cons before and they are great but I did not feel they were robust enough for this big boat with long linkages. I may be partial to the pop-top as it opens easy/instantly like a beer can

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

You could make some bigger versions with stronger magnets.

Comment

• ADDINGTON
          Lieutenant
          • Sep 2008

Roger that. I am using the Sullivan spring-loaded ball link quick disconnects which are slick, but I agree whenever possible magnets are the only way to go.

Comment

Working...