X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Pump Type Ballast systems-Save some precious space

I noticed that many subs with pump type ballast systems use old school two micro switches and a small servo with a cam to reverse the power to the pumps (my self included) I plan to upgrade from the servo/switches to one tiny brushed esc with reverse. These can be had for about $4 and can easily handle 10 amps or more-they are very small. Basically they are proportional solid state switches with a neutral off that reverse polarity. Its on the list!
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	wajz4m.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	145535 couple of questions.

Do you still need to connect it to the battery or do you run it off the receiver like a servo?

I know you need to clip a wire from the leads but I don't know which one.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

It would be the red wire -don't clip-just remove the pin and wire from the plug-very easy to do-heatshrink it safe and tieback-you might need it in the future. but only do that if you have another source of power for the radio like a separate UBEC.

No RB -the receiver will only be able to deliver 3 maybe 5 amps sometimes barely enough to run the radio and servos. and the ESC's Receiver plug's power lead is an output only (for the radio) not an input. You will still need to supply the same power that you would have had with the switches -BG

Comment

Working...