X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

2" SD Twin motor endcap.

Just acquired a RCABs unit designed for the Revell Type VII. ( Thanks Albion).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140117-WA0000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	103016

Plans is to get it in working order then maybe later converted to a snort system.That entire middle section would thus become tbe ballast tank.

Would it be possible to acquire just the 2 motor endcap assembly?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

Here's your problem, and same I faced when I used a small world models end cap. at 2" diameter, most wtc use 1/16 thickness lexan to maximise the available volume, however, this is 1/8. Unfortunately the swm cap had a poor set of seals on it. I modified the drive shaft seals to heavy duty sub tech, but the rotary seals on the servos were just crap. To be fair the swm end cap was designed as surface runner / dynamic diver, and the pressures from rcabs just made the problem worse. To make this work I think you really need to follow the original idea and use sub tech seals on both drive shafts and servos.
    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

You can use bellows or silicone tubing. Cheap and can be adjusted for different sized shafts easily.

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

Not sure if the wtc has the shaft seals included, but i do have a set of subtech seals already at hand.
        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...