X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subcapt101974
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Feb 2011

Bronco 1/35 Type 23 Uboat with RC Conversion kit

I have a brand new Bronco Type 23 U boat in 1/35 scale with a Maximus Modelbau Conversion set for RC operation. It is a static dive module with all the running gear including the electronics. It also has the adjustable trim kit included. All you need is a Radio transmitter and a battery. The assembly instructions are in PDF form on the Maximus Modelbau site or I can send you them via email. I am selling because I have to many projects on the bench at the moment. Asking $old plus the ride. I will not separate the set. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by subcapt101974; 11-08-2021, 10:41 AM.
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

I know it’s sold, but I understand the existing hull has to be modified as the model split won’t work with that kit.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot
      I know it’s sold, but I understand the existing hull has to be modified as the model split won’t work with that kit.
      From photo I've at other sites you have to glue the front and back section together then make a new vertical cut further aft. Not sure why he could not use the existing one.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by redboat219

From photo I've at other sites you have to glue the front and back section together then make a new vertical cut further aft. Not sure why he could not use the existing one.
        That’s what I heard. Just curious. I’ve decided to just leave mine in the shipping box unopened. Too much going on to fool with it.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

That’s what I heard. Just curious. I’ve decided to just leave mine in the shipping box unopened. Too much going on to fool with it.
          I'll buy it from you -- that boat makes for an excellent camera platform.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I'll buy it from you -- that boat makes for an excellent camera platform.

David
            David's Type XXIII with a keychain camera in a watertight capsule.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17958.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	155750Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17962.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	155751Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	155753
            Last edited by redboat219; 11-12-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Bingo! I'll use it next SubFest.
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• jphatton
                Lieutenant
                • Jan 2021

The latest implementation of the conversion kit has the watertight tube integrated with a bulkhead on the forward part of hull (closed at the front end), while the aft hull has the internal components on a rack attached to a bulkhead, with the driveshaft and pushrods in the back (accessible through a hatch attached with magnets). The WTC is sealed with a bayonet locking system by twisting the two hull halves together without the need for any tools. Therefore, the position of the hull split corresponds to the aft end of the WTC allowing full access to the internal rack when the hull forward of this point is removed.

Comment

• gantu
                  Commander
                  • Apr 2009

I did start draing some time ago...............

Regards Gantu

Comment

• Das Boot
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Dec 2019

Dave, I sent you an email.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave, I sent you an email.
                      Thanks, pal. Much appreciated. I guess I have to start being nice to you now. ****!

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Dec 2019

Thanks, pal. Much appreciated. I guess I have to start being nice to you now. ****!

David
                        Ah, no. Bring it on sailor boy.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                          Commander
                          • Sep 2021

Bingo! I'll use it next SubFest.
                          Hi Mr. Merriman, I don't know if this 1/35 XXIII submarine model is hard to get in the US, but it is very easy to buy in China. We buy this model online at Taobao with just a finger click and a payment with a mouse click and the courier will deliver it to you in about two days! If it's harder to get in the US, I think it would be great if Bob could contact Bronco company , just like buying the Arkmodel 1/48 VIIC. That way people who like this submarine can buy it easily.
                          Their company website:首页-Ningbo Weijun plastic mould Co., Ltd. (cn-bronco.com)

V

Click image for larger version  Name:	捕获1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	155783

Click image for larger version  Name:	捕获2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	155784

Click image for larger version  Name:	捕获3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	76.3 KB ID:	155785

Comment

• Sam Victory
                            Commander
                            • Sep 2021

I just contacted Bronco company via email (I translated the email into English) and asked if they could export a certain number of 1/35 XXIII submarine models abroad, and they said yes. If Bob is willing to buy them, this is certainly a good thing for all players and convenient for everyone.

V

Click image for larger version  Name:	1756be20a9237c3d7a39704a79e9a2b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	155787

Click image for larger version  Name:	9c10fed683ecd9a2e0fa08ef81673fa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	155788

Comment

• redboat219
                              Admiral
                              • Dec 2008

Think the reason why this model or other model submarine kits are hard to find boils down to demand. Like RC submarines it's a niche market, model makers tend to lean towards building armour, cars, planes, and surface ships. At your local hobby shop you'll see maybe 5 boxes of the same Tamiya 1/35 German Panther tank, 6 boxes of 1/72 F/A18 Hornet, etc but only 1 box of a Revell 1/72 Type IX Uboat. The demand is low.

Another reason is it's size. At 1/35 it takes up a lot of space in your display cabinet

Comment

Working...