X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Blueback display model

Time to downsize and move to Retirement community so my Blueback display model must go before end of year to someone who will appreciate it. It is scale 1/96 with stand and display case as shown in photos below. The model is available for pickup in San Ramon, California. If interested, make offer via PM.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

A beautiful job -- museum quality work on display there.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSBN659
      Commander
      • Feb 2009

Thank you David. This is the model that inspired Dave Manley back in the 90’s. I had it partly built on display at a meet in Vallejo, CA. He saw it and asked if he could have a copy of the plans and I needed a prop. We made a trade and the rest is history.

SSBN659

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSBN659
        Thank you David. This is the model that inspired Dave Manley back in the 90’s. I had it partly built on display at a meet in Vallejo, CA. He saw it and asked if he could have a copy of the plans and I needed a prop. We made a trade and the rest is history.

SSBN659
        No ****! A little piece of history there, sir. I'm so glad you inspired that guy -- he's an incredible talent. I've been up close and personal with Dave's masters and tools. He's taught me so much!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
          Rear Admiral
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by SSBN659
          Time to downsize and move to Retirement community so my Blueback display model must go before end of year to someone who will appreciate it. It is scale 1/96 with stand and display case as shown in photos below. The model is available for pickup in San Ramon, California. If interested, make offer via PM.
          If a buyer is not found, I would consider to offer her as a donation to the "Submarine Force Library & Museum" in Groton. Future generations would know and be inspired by your work, you get a feather in your cap, and you'll at least get a tax write off. But that's me.

Dave did say...
          Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
          A beautiful job -- museum quality work on display there.
          ....and Indiana Jones said, "That belongs in a museum!"
          v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
          NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
          USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• SSBN659
            Commander
            • Feb 2009

I'm also "retiring" my airbrush and assorted fittings as I no longer have a need for it. Make PM offer if interested.

Will Rogers
            SSBN659

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4040.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	144869Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4041.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	144870

Comment