• Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

1/48 Sjoormen Class Sub - RTR

Buy it here
    View the video here:

This is an exceptionally rare and unique model of the Swedish Sjöormen Class submarine. This particular model depicts the HSwMS Sjöhunden (Shu). Details on this model's history are lacking, and I've been unable to track down a potential kit manufacturer, leading me to believe this could be a one-of-a-kind scratchbuild by a very talented builder.

The Sjöormen class (Sea serpent) were a group of submarines built for the Swedish Navy in the late 1960s. They had a teardrop hull shape and were capable of diving to 150 metres (490 ft). At the time of their deployment they were regarded as one of the most advanced non-nuclear submarine-classes in the world, incorporating many new features including x-rudder and anechoic tiles. Both speed and underwater endurance was at this time very high for a conventional submarine. The submarines were retired by Sweden in the early 1990s. In the late 1990s, four submarines were acquired by the Republic of Singapore Navy and relaunched as the Challenger class following modernisation and tropicalisation.

Model Length: 41.5" (105cm)
    Model Beam: 5" (12.7cm)

This model is a perfect size for pool, pond or lake, with superb handling characteristics, owing to the design of the rear x-tail control surfaces. I estimate the turning diameter surfaced could be as little as 10ft, and smaller than that when submerged. It is also exceptionally fast and is an absolute blast to operate.

What's included:
    • Fiberglass hull construction
    • Watertight cylinder
      • BLM failsafe unit (currently not connected, but fully installed, instructions included)
      • ADF-4 pitch control
      • X-tail mixer
      • Mtroniks SUB10 450A ESC with integrated BEC
      • Gas ballast system
      • Twin 1500mAh LiPo battery packs (3A total capacity)
      • Remote on/off switch 15A rated
    • VEX 6-channel programmable radio on 75mhz for full submerged diving
    • Brass propeller
    • Propel can adapter for gas ballast system

NOTE: Due to the size of this model, a shipping correction invoice may be required to reflect actual shipping costs to your location. For an advance shipping quote, please email me.

Move fast! This won't last long!
    Attached Files
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

You just have to list the Price????
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      • Aug 2009

$3200. But I just dropped it to $2500. Need to clear up room!.
      Last edited by RCSubGuy; 04-01-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• coryhenry
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jul 2020

Bob have you sold this yet?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          • Aug 2009

Yessir, long ago. RTR boats go really fast, typically within a day or so of listing them.

I just secured a GORGEOUS R-Class. It will be fully RTR and I'm bringing it up to Georgia for the SUBFEST 2020 event there.

Comment

Working...