• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSN687
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2015

Wanted: Merriman Moebius 1:72 SKIPJACK Fittings Kit

8 March 2020
    I’m looking to purchase a Merriman Moebius 1:72 SKIPJACK Fittings Kit. Contact me through this site you have one you'd like to sell.
    Thanks
    Ernie
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSN687
    8 March 2020
    I’m looking to purchase a Merriman Moebius 1:72 SKIPJACK Fittings Kit. Contact me through this site you have one you'd like to sell.
    Thanks
    Ernie
    Where the hell were you guys when they were in the catalog???

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN687
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Nov 2015

I was waiting for a long hull Sturgeon.

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

Catalog? You mean like a Sears and Roebuck catalog made out of tree material?

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

David,

I have the Moebius 1:72 scale Skipjack also. I have the 3.5" SD for it as well. The only thing lacking is the Merriman fitting kit. To bad Bob stopped stocking them. If you ever decide to make a few kits, I for one would sure pay up for it! :-))

Rob

"Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver
            David,

I have the Moebius 1:72 scale Skipjack also. I have the 3.5" SD for it as well. The only thing lacking is the Merriman fitting kit. To bad Bob stopped stocking them. If you ever decide to make a few kits, I for one would sure pay up for it! :-))

Rob

"Firemen can stand the heat"
            contact me, Rob. dmeriman@aol.com
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• vital.spark
              Commander
              • May 2010

Hi David and Bob,

I likewise have a Revel/Mobious 1:72 Skipjack and would immediatly purchase a fittings kit if available! I actually visited David when he was working on the Masters.

Myron

Comment

• Vasili22
                Ensign
                • Apr 2020

Likewise David,

Also have a Moebius Skipjack, that is craving a DM fittings kit.

Cheer
                Dan

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Vasili22
                  Likewise David,

Also have a Moebius Skipjack, that is craving a DM fittings kit.

Cheer
                  Dan
                  OK. I'm flattered you all want this product.

But NOW?!

Where the hell were you guys when I put these on the market? And even then people were *****ing about the 'high price', "Geeze! that simple little fittings kit costs more than the model kit itself, what a rip off" Well, you tight-wads killed that goose. Few of your are prepared to pay what my work is worth.

Make it yourself … what a strange and foreign concept these days!

If I was to re-tool and put that fittings kit back in circulation today it would retail at nearly $400. Still interested? Show of hands! Hello! Anyone out there?... is this thing on? Cricket sounds. Nothing. I thought so.

But, don't worry about me. I have all the fittings kits I'll ever need.

I do this **** for money. That makes me a whore. But, know this: I'm an expensive whore, and I come with all the fixings.

David
                  Venting HP gas

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

That makes me a whore. But, know this: I'm an expensive whore, and I come with all the fixings.

David
                    Venting HP gas
                    Oh please, let this image be forgotten and removed from my memory. LOL
                    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout

Oh please, let this image be forgotten and removed from my memory. LOL
                      remove the fire-engine red lipstick, spike heals, and bottomless panties from your imagery and you'll be OK, Tom. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

"bottomless panties". I'm going outside; I may be some time. (As stated by Captain Oates having seen Commander Scott's bottomless panties).

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
                          "bottomless panties". I'm going outside; I may be some time. (As stated by Captain Oates having seen Commander Scott's bottomless panties).
                          LOL!

Gotcha!
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                            Commander
                            • Nov 2013

Egads, its amazing how many people come outta the woodwork, once the tooling is discontinued...you should be flattered..I dont think you have any time for Whoring Sir.

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

OK. I'm flattered you all want this product.

But NOW?!

Where the hell were you guys when I put these on the market? And even then people were *****ing about the 'high price', "Geeze! that simple little fittings kit costs more than the model kit itself, what a rip off" Well, you tight-wads killed that goose. Few of your are prepared to pay what my work is worth.

Make it yourself … what a strange and foreign concept these days!

If I was to re-tool and put that fittings kit back in circulation today it would retail at nearly $400. Still interested? Show of hands! Hello! Anyone out there?... is this thing on? Cricket sounds. Nothing. I thought so.

But, don't worry about me. I have all the fittings kits I'll ever need.

I do this **** for money. That makes me a whore. But, know this: I'm an expensive whore, and I come with all the fixings.

David
                            Venting HP gas
                            A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

• ben1272
                              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                              • May 2020

I own a set of the fittings but do not plan on selling them. Would they be of any help to Dave M. if he wanted to make more? (i.e. are they needed in order to make producing new tooling easier?)

Comment

Working...