X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • APA228
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Feb 2015

Wanted Sombra Labs SL-8

This is probably a VERY long shot but if anyone has an SL-8 they are willing to part with I am looking for one. Don't laugh too hard!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by APA228
    This is probably a VERY long shot but if anyone has an SL-8 they are willing to part with I am looking for one. Don't laugh too hard!
    Not laughing, but I do have a smile on my face. We, right now, are in a major bind as to the availability of good, reliable, cheap, 75mHz receivers. However -- yet I don't see it in Bob's catalog -- the new SubTech receiver is a small, capable unit that I've checked out recently. Something vitally needed in this game. Ask Bob about future availability.

As to the Sombra Labs SL-8 (and Lipton-6), I guard them with my life -- no way would I let one go now.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

I do carry the SubTech receivers, but I'm low on inventory. Matt is on evacuation notice up there and his inventory is stuffed in a trailer. Should get new stock in about a week or so.

For those of you interested, I'm working on a comparable receiver in terms of size and functionality. 6 channels on 75mhz out of the box, but the really cool thing is that it was designed for use with the VEX radios to offer "daisy-chaining" functionality that effectively expands your standard 6-channel radio up to 20 channels!

Basically, you drive your boat on the first board. If you have special features like torps, periscopes, etc, you hold down the switch on the back of the transmitter and it jumps to the next board, giving you a whole new set of features using the same stick/button inputs. Got more features you want to employ? Hit the other direction on the rear switch and you've got another set of functions, again... all using the same inputs.

We're getting close now. Should be releasing in the coming weeks once the final testing is complete.

Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
        I do carry the SubTech receivers, but I'm low on inventory. Matt is on evacuation notice up there and his inventory is stuffed in a trailer. Should get new stock in about a week or so.

For those of you interested, I'm working on a comparable receiver in terms of size and functionality. 6 channels on 75mhz out of the box, but the really cool thing is that it was designed for use with the VEX radios to offer "daisy-chaining" functionality that effectively expands your standard 6-channel radio up to 20 channels!

Basically, you drive your boat on the first board. If you have special features like torps, periscopes, etc, you hold down the switch on the back of the transmitter and it jumps to the next board, giving you a whole new set of features using the same stick/button inputs. Got more features you want to employ? Hit the other direction on the rear switch and you've got another set of functions, again... all using the same inputs.

We're getting close now. Should be releasing in the coming weeks once the final testing is complete.

Bob
        At the risk of sounding like a butt-kissing, brown-nosed shill: This is great news -- this hobby (in the US anyway) vitally needs 75mHz gear configured for our very special application. This is news to me, and I say, 'Hurrah!'

David
        (shameless promotor of my Boss' product line)
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• APA228
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Feb 2015

That is great news- I am using a Polk's Seeker ll on 75mhz and it is a bit large for the SD. I also have a Futaba 127DF on 75mhz, but figure smaller is better, at least in Subs!

Comment

Working...