X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

SL-6 Lepton 72 MHz

I have an old JR Propo Max 6 channel 72mhz transmitter that I want to use ( No FCC here. Most of the rc flyers here have switched over to 2.4ghz and pond is 3 clicks away from their field)

Will the SL-6 be compatible with it?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • sombra
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by redboat219
    I have an old JR Propo Max 6 channel 72mhz transmitter that I want to use ( No FCC here. Most of the rc flyers here have switched over to 2.4ghz and pond is 3 clicks away from their field)

Will the SL-6 be compatible with it?
    If the Tx supports 20MHz wide channels and FM-PPM modulation/encoding then it should work fine. Also, just to clarify, we don't have any product called "SL-6". There is an SL-8 (synthesized) and a Lepton-6 (crystal based).

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Sorry I meant the Lepton 6. My transmitter is a JR Propo Max 6. The crystal is 72.473.
      I know the lepton 6 uses a micro UM crystal so this means I can't use the one from my old rx. But the L-6 will still work with my transmitter's old crystal right?
      Last edited by redboat219; 10-26-2012, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• sombra
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by redboat219
        Sorry I meant the Lepton 6. My transmitter is a JR Propo Max 6. The crystal is 72.473.
        I know the lepton 6 uses a micro UM crystal so this means I can't use the one from my old rx.
        So the L-6 will work with my transmitter's old crystal right?
        I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.

The UM-1 is a container style; it just defines the physical dimensions.

I'm not aware of any transmitter that uses the UM-1 style crystal. so if your question is regarding reusing your old TX crystal with a Lepton-6, then unfortunately, no, you can't do that, you'll have to buy a new UM-1 crystal, they're quite cheap and easily available for 72MHz from multiple sources; not sure if Caswell carries 72MHz UM-1 crystals... if they don't carry it, you can purchase one from our webstore at sombralabs.com

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Ok what I'm trying to say is, basically all I need to get is a Lepton 6 plus the corresponding UM crystal (72.47 MHz ).
          I don't have to go buy an new transmitter I can just use my old one with it's big crystal ( 72.47mhz)

any idea how much it'll cost plus shipping to the Philippines.

Comment

• satlite440
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jul 2012

as i have this reciver and if i understand the question right i would say yes.i had to buy a micro crystal for my lepton6 that matched the wfly6 i bought.but the wfly reciver wouldnt wfly in the sub so i got the lepton6 to go with it. some one was kind enough to post a link to a place that lists all the differant #s in the 72mhz range i bleave it was in the tec support page i posted it in..perhaps they could do so again so you could see if they have yours.... i orderd for about 10$ us plus shipping..it was under 25$us with shipping to washington state...

Comment

• vital.spark
              Commander
              • May 2010

I hate to say it guys but you should have just gone with the SL-8 in the first place!

Comment

• satlite440
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Jul 2012

well as i grow back into r/c and compleate my uboat.a future builds will be off an 8ch set up. and the wfly8&sl8 recivers will be the heart of the future.but as i had only really planed to have a dedicated transmiter for my vIIc boat and a 6ch would run and lpb and the other 2 ch's would be wasted for now.and when i update to the 8ch it will just be an extra reciver and any other electrics for the torps to add to the subdriver..on top of "the old blister and a few planters warts"as my greatgrandfather inlaw says about his wife and kids in frount of them to me.hahahhaha..well that is what limits how much i have to invest in a project..and to my humiliation the old blister watched me swim out to fetch the surface boat once and never lets that one go hahahahahh..you can only imagine the looks i get from her about the sub.the arched eyebrows,the questioning look of did i marry and have children with an idiot?she says she isn't worried about the diveing..it's the gettting up.. or the swim....and so she grins and watches the madness go on....

Comment

Working...